Construction Site Coordinator – Winnipeg, MB.
Northland Properties, an international hospitality company, is looking for a service-oriented, career-minded individual with administration and/or project coordination experience in the construction industry. Based on site at a new landmark project in downtown Winnipeg, the successful candidate will join our team and report directly to the Project Manager & Superintendent.
Are you a self-motivated, creative individual who thrives on making responsible decisions under pressure? Do you truly enjoy the personal interaction that naturally occurs because you are a hands-on Site Coordinator? Do you believe in the power of clear communication and working with the members of your team to become the best of the best? Do you excel at problem solving and decision making in a fast paced environment? If so, we want you to join our team as we continue to steer our company to be best in class.
The job of the Site Coordinator is to help manage and monitor the full cycle of construction and ensure that all targets of the project are met. You will assist in managing the construction project plan and schedule, as well as help coordinate with project foreman and the subcontractors, ensuring they properly fulfill their responsibilities. You will establish strong relationships with consultants, contractors and trades, municipalities and our home office support staff in order to maximize efficiency. Your job will also entail controlling and monitoring trades, being present and note taking for weekly trade meetings, and tracking and receiving material shipments. You will excel at hands-on work, site leadership, and understanding the value of being involved at every level.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
- Helping lead the project team from the beginning of construction to final close out of the project
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the executive team, architects, consultants, employees, trade partners, and suppliers throughout the project
- Collection, completion and review of daily and weekly site reporting in order to develop and maintain the construction schedule. This will entail working in conjunction with the project planner and site superintendent to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Assessing site needs for materials, receiving materials as they arrive to site and properly filing of packing slips.
- Quality control inspections, daily reports, taking photos of construction installations.
- Perform general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence, maintenance of files, logs, drawings, specifications, payroll, insurance, submittals and RFIs
What Will Make You Successful in this Role?
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology, or Construction Management is a strong asset, but not a requirement
- 2-5 years of related work experience in construction or combination of relevant education and work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple team members and interpret their needs
- Intermediate computer skills including an understanding of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Excel, and or a construction software program
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please include a cover letter with your resume outlining the unique qualities you will bring to our team and highlighting the experience you think best lends itself to you being successful in this role.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)