Posting Number 40065
Requisition Title Professor - Writing/English/EAP (2 Positions)
Internal Posting Closing Date 05/11/2021
External Closing Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Campus Location London
Department School of Language & Liberal Studies (GEN)
Employment Group Faculty
Hours of Work per Week
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach Writing, Communications, and Interdisciplinary courses at the diploma and degree level in the School of Language and Liberal Studies.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
Approximate Start Date:
- Master’s degree in English Literature, English Language, Comparative Literature, Writing, Communications, Rhetoric, TESL or Applied Linguistics required
- Bachelor’s degree in Education desirable
- Experience and expertise in teaching and designing courses at the College level, especially literacy and communications courses desirable
- Experience in online and blended course development design and delivery desirable
- Experience teaching EAP desirable
August 16, 2021
Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $66,555 to $115,378 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.