Good Shepherd Centre Hamilton, a ministry of the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God, strives to enhance the quality of life for all who seek assistance and support in our community. An opportunity currently exists in our Good Shepherd Centres at the SAM East Program site located at 1831 King Street East, Hamilton in the role of:
Summer Program Assistant (Seniors Care) - SAM East Site
One (1) Summer Student Position
(8 Week Contract/35 Hours per Week)
The SAM Program is an Adult Day Service Program offering recreational, social and physical activities to seniors and adults with diminished abilities. The program site is currently physically closed to clients due to COVID-19 restrictions. Social/recreational activities and other supports are being offered through telephone and virtual means at this time.
Position responsibilities include:
1. Assisting with preparation for social/recreational and other client support activities.
2. Co-facilitation of regular telephone and virtual group social/recreational activities
3. One to one technology and virtual support for social/recreational activities
4. Assembling “Activity and Care” Packages for distribution to clients and caregivers
5. Regular cleaning and disinfection of program areas and equipment
1) Demonstrated interest/experience in working with frail seniors
2) Information technology knowledge and experience to assist with troubleshooting basic IT -related problems, including IPad, tablets, computers and mobile phones
3) Knowledge and experience with virtual Zoom platform
4) Reliable home computer and internet access to work from home as required
5) Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
6) Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
A demonstrated commitment to the mission values of availability, flexibility, adaptability, hospitality and dignity is essential. A second language is considered an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour