Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are presently looking for a Finance Director who will be a trusted global business partner to the GM/VP for the Lighting Business Unit ( > $200M in annual revenue), and reports directly to the CFO & SVP of the Commercial Division. The Finance Director leads a team whose core responsibilities include business partnership, cost accounting / operations finance, FP&A, and management reporting. The team is comprised of six direct reports located in North America across Mississauga, ON, Billerica, MA, and Salem, MA locations. As a part of the Finance Director's global role, this position also receives implied dotted line support from regional FP&A teams in Asia and Europe. This position will be located in either the Mississauga, ON or Billerica, MA.
- Acts as a key adviser to Business Unit leadership for strategic investments and initiatives;
- Creates active partnership with Operations, Product Management, R&D, and other functions;
- Analyzes data and prepares executive summaries for operational, financial and strategic decision-making;
- Supports Product Management on customer RFQ pricing & margin performance;
- Performs R&D project analytics and investment review;
- Participates actively in Business Unit and Finance monthly operating reviews;
- Prepares MD&A and KPI variance analysis including financial bridges for Business Unit and related sites;
- Plays a leading role in the annual budget process and five year strategic planning process;
- Scrutinizes Business Unit P&L to assess operating margin performance and makes recommendations to improve profitability;
- Analyzes, understands and provides executive summaries using cost accounting principles including an in depth understanding of fixed vs. variable cost for general management and business cases;
- Understands and utilizes data and systems for consolidated management reporting.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting (required), Master’s Degree (preferred);
- Possess more than ten (10) years of experience as a Finance Leader / Business Partner in a global manufacturing company (required);
- Have proficiency in MS Office (required);
- Have experience with SAP, Hyperion, Business Objects or similar systems (preferred);
- Key attributes for this position include:
- Solution-oriented with a bias for action;
- Strong analytical and communication skills;
- Combines diligent work ethic with high intellectual curiosity;
- Thrives in a culture that encourages performance, teamwork and accountability.
All applicants must comply with the CGP (Controlled Goods Program).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
To join our team of experts, please visit the career section of our website at www.excelitas.com for more information.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care