School Bus Driver
Now hiring for September - free class 2 training over the summer!
SOUTHLAND is currently seeking dedicated and safety-minded School Bus Drivers to join our team for the upcoming school year – September 2020. This is an essential role that offers job security, a flexible schedule and allows you to make a difference on the front line by transporting our children to school safely. We are hiring for the following areas: Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, Beach Corner, Blueberry, and Acheson.
The health and safety of our employees and passengers has always been our top priority. In response to COVID-19, we have implemented the following additional safety protocols:
- Safe and distanced interview process including virtual interviews and online onboarding
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Buses assigned to one driver wherever possible for fewer touch points
- Thorough wipe down of all high contact areas in the workplace (including buses) to be completed twice daily
- Sanitizing bus interiors with Health Canada-approved disinfectant
- Hand sanitizer stations in offices
Why You Should Choose SOUTHLAND
SOUTHLAND offers free personalized training, competitive wages, bonuses, and flexibility within your personal life.
- Part-time hours, 4-8 hours a day. Perfect for a stay-at-home parent, entrepreneur, or retiree!
- Free Class 2 training during the summer, with a hiring bonus
- Competitive wages – $19.51 - $20.70 per hour, with the opportunity to earn more by taking on additional routes
- Bring up to two preschool-aged children to work with you
- Referral and Safety bonuses
- Summers, weekends, and holidays off
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee recognition programs
Drivers are responsible for safely transporting students daily and must be committed to safety and customer service.
As a School Bus Driver, you will work a split shift, driving approximately 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon, with routes available in-between for anyone looking to pick up extra hours. You will be assigned a route that falls between the hours of 6:30 am - 9:30 am in the morning and between 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm in the afternoon. Drivers work during the school year and are given time off in July and August.
- Valid Class 5 (non-GDL) driver’s license (FREE Class 2 training provided)
- 10-year driver’s abstract (10-year commercial driver’s abstract for licenses above a class 5)
- Clear criminal record and vulnerable sector search
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.51-$20.70 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends