Reporting to a section Manager of the Data, Analytics and Visualization Services Branch, is responsible for maintaining and evolving the Region’s data; conducting research in client business requirements and user needs; acquiring, creating and maintaining data, models and databases; producing information products and reports; analyzing data relationships; participating in projects and cross function project teams; and implementing solutions.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Environmental Science, or related discipline with an emphasis/major on GIS, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with GIS and the development of cartographic and analytic products, including web services and applications, and user requirements and/or spatial information management.
- Experience working with relational databases, spatial databases (e.g. ArcSDE, SQL) including database standards, design and data models.
- Experience with ETL processes (e.g. SSIS, FME).
- Valid Ontario Class "G" driver's license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
830 - 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by August 24, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$42.76 to $46.48 per hour
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)