About the Role:
We are seeking a driven and passionate individual to fill the role of Folding Carton Production Supervisor, Morning Shift. This role is responsible for supervising, supporting, and motivating employees in the Folding Cartons department. They are responsible for regularly evaluating production employees ensuring that all employees adhere to Great Little Box Safety Policy. GLBC prides itself on customer service excellence and this key role is essential to meeting our on-time delivery commitments by adhering to production schedules.
Who We Are:
Established in 1982, Great Little Box Company is a family-owned and operated leading manufacturer of Labels, Corrugated Boxes & Displays, Folding Cartons, KBA, Digital Packaging, Protective Packaging, and the distribution of Shipping Supplies. Our courtesy shuttle bus provides transportation to many of our shifts.
We take pride in our initiatives to make safety a priority. We demonstrate this with our structured in house training, providing personal protective equipment and our innovative and supportive culture.
At Great Little Box Company, we aim to create a workplace of belonging in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
- Work with the Production Manager and Production Scheduler to determine team requirements for weekly production
- Responsible and accountable for achieving team goals (safety, quality, and productivity)
- Maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Supporting team on day-to-day basis for general troubleshooting and problem solving
- Responsible for monitoring inventory and evaluating/improving upon inventory systems.
- Ensuring equipment is production ready and any issues are resolved in a timely manner, including helping to troubleshoot machine breakdown issues and communicating maintenance requirements
- Responsible for managing the production team including, continuous coaching, training and completing employee performance reviews
- Implement and enforce standard operating procedures (SOPs), good manufacturing practice to ensure consistency and adherence to quality and safety standard.
- Maintain accurate production records, including production reports, inventory records, and maintenance logs.
- Foster a positive work environment, promoting teamwork, open communication, and employee engagement.
- Troubleshoot production issues, identify root causes, and implement preventive measures to minimize downtime
- Continuously improve the efficiency of our processes, equipment, material flow and the people in the department to help achieve divisional goals.
- Provide a concise summary to the cross-shift to ensure relevant information is made available to the incoming shift.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary education degree or diploma
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to provide and receive positive and constructive feedback
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a true team environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team
- Solid understanding of quality control principles and practices
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and the capacity to make educated decisions under pressure
- Proven experience in conflict management and resolution
- Attention to detail and a strong technical aptitude
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles including flow concepts, pull systems, elimination of waste, 5S and kaizens
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to work well under pressure.
- Values personal development and continuous learning
GLBC is fully committed to two things – our employees and our customers. We offer employee based recognition and reward programs including profit sharing, continuous improvement incentives, and companywide performance goals. We emphasize teamwork but value individual contributions to the team. Come join our winning team. We’re passionate, energetic, and committed to providing excellence in packaging solutions.
If you are someone who values customers and a truly Great place to work – Please apply if interested.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.