We're looking for passionate, dynamic, and spirited educators to help us as we expand further into secondary education from our current predominately post-secondary focus. Though we are looking for educators for all subjects, we are currently focusing on English, History, Economics/Business, Social Studies, Math, Geography, Civics/Government, and Religion teachers. With the Chinese international student demographic at the secondary level, a large segment request classes taught in Mandarin so we do require Mandarin-speakers for this role.
This is an independent contractor position that will primarily involve teaching live online classes, both 1-on-1 (mostly homework help) and 1-to-many (closely mirroring the Common Core curriculum). But the responsibilities of this position will evolve over the coming months. To begin, you’ll help us market these services, primarily by working closely with us to design and teach demo classes that will then be used to showcase this service. Then (June-August) you’ll begin teaching a few summer students as you continue working with us to develop this project. Finally, (September onwards) you’ll take on a full course load (or rather, as many classes as you are comfortable teaching) to coincide with the start of the regular school year.
· Teach 1-on-1 and 1-to-many classes online
· Help promote and market this new service
· Develop course curricula
· Provide clear and helpful explanations of concepts found in homework, textbooks, or lecture materials
· Help students prepare for and plan their course assignments
· Assist the student in step-by-step solutions to practice problems
· Preferred: Valid teaching certification (and in good standing) in your teaching jurisdiction.
· 2-3 years of teaching or tutoring experience at the high school level
· Fluent in Mandarin
· The ability to pass a criminal background check
· Enthusiastic and friendly personality
· Clear communication skills
· Strong problem solving and time-management ability
· Detail-oriented with a strong sense of responsibility
Perks / Benefits
· Work remotely in the comfort of your own home or office
· Extremely responsive support staff to help you address any technical platform questions and around the clock support
· Flexible schedule. Set your own hours, with no minimum time commitment
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please apply and submit your CV.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- High School Teaching: 2 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)
- Teaching Certificate (Required)