NEEGINAN CENTRE INC.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2021NC-C01
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
SALARY/WAGE: $16.50 HOURLY
POSITION TYPE: Special Projects - 40 Hours per week, term ends June 30th, 2021
This is a youth program. All applicants must be 30 years of age or younger.
The Cleaner/Sanitizer will be responsible for cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting, janitorial services and basic maintenance tasks for the Covid-19 immunization clinic; this includes but is not limited to: bathrooms, waiting areas and the areas around and outside of the clinic. The Cleaner will ensure that the established cleaning schedules are followed according to the cleaning standards in a safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In consultation with Superintendent/Management, the cleaner will:
- Clean and sanitize/disinfect elevator doors and buttons multiple times during the shift.
- Bathrooms wash walls; disinfect bathroom stalls, sinks, doors and other soiled surfaces.
- Disinfect door handles, disinfect stair rails, and disinfect commonly used areas.
- Follow sanitizing/disinfecting schedule.
- Sweep, mop, dust, wash and vacuum washrooms and public areas.
- Other cleaning and light maintenance duties as assigned.
- Assist in-house security with managing the parking lot for the clinic.
- Must able to read, write and understand written and verbal communications in English.
- Experience in a similar role with a sound knowledge of commercial cleaning methods, equipment and job performance standard considered an asset.
- Clear criminal record check and child abuse registry check are required.
- Safe use of floor polishers, automated floor scrubbers, vacuums, carpet cleaners.
- WHMIS training or willing to train.
- First Aid/CPR or willing to train.
- Knowledge of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), proper use and care.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy and punctual.
- Proven teamwork skills.
- Able to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Able to understand and follow established schedules and standards for cleaning efficiently.
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies; effectiveness, safe use and storage.
The position requires:
- Able to lift 50 lbs (22kg) – moderate physical effort.
- Minor exposure to dirt, dust, fumes.
- Able to stand, crouch, kneel for extended periods.
- Able to regularly use stairs in a multi-storey building.
- Close attention to detail
- Modest pressure/stress
Please submit a resume and cover letter citing the competition number in one of the following manners:
1. Email employerrep (at) abcentre (dot) org
2. Visit www.cahrd.org/jobs to apply online
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates (Status, Non-status, Métis, or Inuit). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.50 per hour