Manager of Reduction and Recovery Operations
The Municipality of Colchester is centrally located within Nova Scotia between two extraordinary coastlines, Colchester is a progressive rural municipality that offers an unparalleled work-life balance. It is a place that is affordable, welcoming, family focused, rich in diverse culture and natural beauty, with thriving businesses and access to all the modern amenities typically found in an urban setting – without the common stresses of living in an urban setting.
The Municipality of Colchester is committed to treating people fairly, with respect and dignity. Our goal is to continue to move forward as a diverse and inclusive community representative of the citizens we serve by offering equal opportunities free of biases. We have formed an Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee to keep us accountable and to help us reach this goal.
About the role: Manages the operations of the Municipality’s solid waste reduction and recovery programs. Responsibility areas include environmental compliance in accordance with legislation, public education, waste reduction programs and services, By-law enforcement, operations and management of material recovery, personnel management, budgeting, and general administration.
Salary range: $81,550 – $ 94,573 based on 35 hours per week. This is a permanent full-time position.
· Group Benefits - Health, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
· Retirement Plan - Nova Scotia Public Service Superannuation Plan (Employer matched)
· Professional Development Opportunities
· Fitness and Well-being Incentives
Qualities to succeed in the role:
· Well-developed organizational skills
· Excellent communications skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent leadership skills
· Ability to multi-task
Education & experience desired:
· Bachelor’s degree in a science related field preferred – other post-secondary may be considered
· Experience at the management level preferably in a waste/recycling discipline
· Strong diverse experience in management and operations including four years of management experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
· Experience working with budgets and knowledge of financial practices and purchasing procedures
· Experience in business correspondence and report preparation
The Municipality supports the principles of the Nova Scotia Human Rights Act and the principles of inclusion for persons with disabilities in the Nova Scotia Accessibility Act. Applicants are encouraged to contact Human Resources at (902) 843-4193 should assistance be required throughout the application and hiring process.
Please submit a covering letter and resume by September 22, 2023, to the Municipality of Colchester. [email protected] learn more about us, please visit our website at www.colchester.ca.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $81,550.00-$94,573.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kemptown, NS B6L 2K4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-22
Expected start date: 2023-10-09