Montebello Packaging is a dynamic world-class manufacturer of packaging for the pharmaceutical, food, and cosmetic industries. The company is an operating division of The Jim Pattison Group, a $10.1 billion dollar Canadian conglomerate. Montebello Packaging operates four manufacturing facilities in North America. Its’ head office being located in Hawkesbury, Ontario provides centralized financial services to its plants and is looking for a Quality Operations Supervisor. Reporting to the Quality Operations Director and working out of the Lachine, Quebec Facility 2 days and the Hawkesbury, Ontatio facility 3 days a week.
This position will primarily be responsible for maintaining corporate quality standards and customer requirements at the plant level, is an active player amongst the plant management team. The position will also lead plant level investigations for internal or external non-conformance management and issue a detailed report in order to address the situation.
Principal Responsibilities may include:
- Maintain corporate quality standards at the plant level
- Maintain and develop Quality Operations plant KPIs
- Maintain and support plant related Quality Systems such as, but not limited to:
- Procedures, Non-Conformance, Risk, Change, Investigations, and CAPA management processes.
- Be an active player amongst the plant management team
- Provide customer support in regards to Montebello products and services
- Support and contribute to Montebello Packaging continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage plant Q.Ops QA Specialists and Quality Auditors.
- Set yearly objectives driven by both plant and corporate yearly guidelines, for the plant Q. Ops department.
- Coach and support the plant Q. Ops team using corporate procedures and standards.
- Daily follow ups on quality issues or improvement possibilities, and outcomes.
- Periodic review of in-process data results and trends acquired through SPC platform.
- Enter customer feedback in ERP Customer Complaints module.
- Conduct investigations for internal or external non-conformance management, and issue final reports.
- Issue RMA upon return or credit related to finished goods.
- Lead and complete non-conformance related issue solving and ensure required documentation is completed.
- Lead and complete quality related CAPA actions at the plant level.
- When required, issue Risk Assessments.
- Ensure required plant change or deviation requests are duly documented and forwarded for review and approval.
- Follow up on pest control reports and review yearly contract with plant management.
- Approve calibration standard certification.
- Prepare and host plant audits (customer or corporate).
- Conduct periodic internal plant audits.
- Be an active member of the plant’s management team.
- Support and contribute in plant continuous improvement projects.
- Lead continuous improvement activities of the plant’s Q. Ops department
- Any other task assigned by Quality Operations Management.
Qualifications (education & experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science (is an asset), or Quebec Diploma of College Studies (general or technical DEC) in Engineering or Science.
- 5 years of experience in Manufacturing or Quality operations is an asset
- Computerized systems knowledge
- Experience with employee management is an asset
- Experience with Pharmaceutical, Food / Beverage, Health Care, Cosmetic, Aerosol industries is an asset
- Experience in aluminum impact extrusion and/or polymer use (plastic injection molding, laminate web) in manufacturing of packaging, is an asset.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma is an asset
If you are up for this exciting new opportunity and have the qualifications, we invite you to send your resume.
We appreciate your interest in the position and welcome your application, however only those retained for an interview will be contacted.
Montebello is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)