Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Location: St. Thomas, ON - Will Require Travel
Part-time Positions Available
Do you have what it takes to join a Team Made for Caring™?
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
Our team of healthcare professionals delivers care to thousands of clients each day enabling people to close the gap between their healthcare needs and overall well-being, caring the way we care for our own loved ones.
Personal Support Workers at Closing the Gap Healthcare improve the lives of clients and families. Apply now for an opportunity to join A Team Made for Caring™.
Why Work for Closing the Gap?
- Competitive pay rates: $18.50 - $19.00 based on prior experience.
- Pandemic premium of $3.00/hour for so long as current government-funded pandemic premiums remain in effect.
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Package and RRSP Matching Program.
- Positive culture and 24/7 professional support.
- Opportunities for further education and professional development.
The ideal Personal Support Worker will have:
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate from a recognized accredited institution from a province in Canada or equivalent or Nursing Students in their 3rd and 4th year of a Nursing Program.
- Or an Internationally Trained Nurse with 1+ year of experience or Retired Nurses.
- Outstanding focus on client safety and exemplary skills in delivering high-quality client experiences.
- A proven track record of being accountable for multiple deliverables.
- Skilled independent problem solver with the ability to recognize and seek support from peers and supervisors when needed.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and a valid Canadian’s Drivers license (G2/G).
Your role will require:
- A strong focus on client safety and ethical standards.
- Developing respectful working relationships with clients and families to meet their care needs with the ability to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Respectful of the dignity and individuality of each client.
- Providing personal care to meet the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of each client.
- Observing, assessing, and reporting changes in clients’ behaviors and activities.
- Participating in multidisciplinary teamwork.
- Physical lifting abilities.
This position is open to all individuals eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. If you require accommodation to submit an application, please contact the HR Department.
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of A Team Made for Caring™.
Reference ID: 1130
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00-$19.50 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- For this job, are you able to commute or relocate to St. Thomas, ON?
- Are you eligible to work in Canada?
- Personal Support Worker: 1 year (preferred)
- Home Care: 1 year (preferred)
- Personal Support Worker Certificate (preferred)
- G2 or G Drivers License and a reliable vehicle? (preferred)