Back of House Production Assistant
The Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts is looking for casual staff to work from September 2019 through April 2020 as Back of House (B.O.H.) Production Assistants.
- Available shifts will vary, but applicants should be prepared to work a minimum of 2 to 8 shifts each month, plus additional training hours in early September
- This position is currently paid at a rate of $15.50/hour
B.O.H. Productions Assistants will work at The Isabel and assist in the setup, operation, and tear down of technical and staging equipment during events and shows held here. Production Assistants will occasionally have non ‘show calls’ and assist in the general maintenance and organization of tech and staging equipment.
- Assisting the Arts Stage Technicians and Technical Director
- Set-up, operation, and tear down of audio, lighting, video, projection, and staging equipment
- Basic stage management during shows/events
- General organization and tidy up of technical equipment on non-show event days
- Greeting and assisting clients/artists
- Familiarity of the building and events therein
- Assisting with safe evacuation in case of emergency
- Knowledge of the Isabel season programming
- Past work experience (or academic equivalent) with professional audio and/or lighting equipment
- General computer skills
- General knowledge of Power Point software and basic audio and video apps such as iTunes, VLS media player and Q-Lab an asset
- Customer service skills and related past work experience
- A passion for the arts and the programming at the Isabel
- Problem-solving skills, proactive attitude
- Friendly, approachable, and a positive disposition
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated health and safety knowledge
How to apply
Application Deadline: Sunday, June 16, 2019 at midnight
Please submit a brief resume detailing your past volunteer and work history pertinent to this position and a brief cover letter detailing the following information:
- Your interest in working at the Isabel as well as your pertinent skills, qualities, and additional experience that you would bring to the performing arts centre
- Please note if you have current First Aid and CPR certification or are willing to obtain this
- Your availability (on average), noting any regular days/times that you would not be available for shifts
- Please indicate if you are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Your contact information, including phone and email address
- Please submit a maximum 2-page application as a single PDF
- Please address the subject line as: Production Assistant 2019 - your name
Note: Applications that do not follow the above instructions may not be considered.
The Isabel thanks all applicants for their interest. The Isabel will contact those candidates considered for an interview.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Queen’s is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons.
The University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Janelle MacPherson-Kenney at 613-533-6000 ext. 75243.
Job Types: Contract, Casual
Salary: $15.50 /hour