Weir Canada’s Marine Engineering Division has managed the Naval Engineering Test Establishment (NETE) on behalf of the Government of Canada since 1953. Through this association, Weir Marine Engineering has developed a unique capability to provide multidisciplinary engineering, testing and consulting services to government and industry.
This is a permanent, full-time position with Weir Marine Engineering, based at NETE in Montreal (LaSalle), Quebec. In this position, you will be working within a unique, challenging and project-based environment where we design, integrate and test IT solutions for our end client, the Royal Canadian Navy. You will be a key part of a group of over 30 professionals working on a wide variety of IT infrastructure projects targeting the Navy’s existing ships and submarines, and the future warships that are being built.
Reporting to the Team Leader of the System Integration team, this position will support and contribute to ongoing and future complex IT projects and initiatives. The individual will play an instrumental part in the determination, design and delivery of technology in a number of key areas that are of high interest and focus within the RCN, including Software Defined Data Centers (SDDC), Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), on premise clouds and automation technologies. The individual must also possess a strong understanding of the services being hosted within the SDDC, some of which include Microsoft Server 2008+, Microsoft Exchange 2010+, WSUS 3.0+, Linux (CentOS), DNS and DHCP
The individual will interact with clients, Department of National Defence (DND) subject matter experts and architects, RCN stakeholders, and internal group members involved in both project delivery and in-service support. This individual will have proven past experience in technical environments where IT projects are delivered in accordance with an industry standard such as ISO/IEC 15288 or a similar System Design Life-Cycle (SDLC) process. The individual will translate key business and operational requirements into traceable technical solutions and be able to communicate, both verbally and in writing, the decisions and technical deliverables to a variety of audience members.
This role is very technical, in that the individual must be able to interpret requirements into technical solutions that meet the needs of the RCN. Given the senior level of this role, the individual will be expected to interact with the technical project team members, challenge technical decisions, make decisions on technical data, and address technical work packages that require hands on work with the equipment, software and technology. The position involves writing procedures to arrive at an end-state design and review or produce the required written artifacts that the SDLC process calls for.
ROLE AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with clients and business/technical stakeholders to understand, extract and develop project requirements (functional, operational, performance, security, etc.);
- Produce architecture, design, requirements, technical, and reference diagrams/documentation in accordance with the group’s style using established templates;
- Support project coordinators by helping identify technical and other risks and changes;
- Execute technical Work Packages by:
- Conducting technology investigations, technical evaluations and tests (integration, performance, security, etc.);
- Developing and executing detailed and methodical test plans;
- Setting up and configuring the required test environments in a lab setting;
- Producing tested and validated configurations and implementation procedures for deployment on client production networks in accordance with the group’s SDLC process; and
- When required, assist with supporting lab and pre-production network test environments.
- Participate in internal and external review, acting as a facilitator and technical translator for non-technical audiences;
- Conduct peer review of technical outputs from the team;
- Prepare and present technical presentation material to internal and external audiences with varying technical knowledge; and
- Support the Team Leader in developing new business opportunities through interaction with the client community and through demonstration of your expertise.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- You have Canadian citizenship, with 10 or more years in Canada. This is necessary as part of the requirements to obtain a government security clearance to the minimum level of Secret;
- You are seen as a leader in your field by your peers. Industry certifications such as VCA, VCP, MCSA, MCSE, are an asset;
- You have a strong understanding of project best practices, policies, procedures, and processes;
- Demonstrated technical work experience in the field of Information Technology working directly with datacenter technology and IT infrastructure delivery projects, including but not limited to technologies and areas such as:
- Virtualization (VMware ESXi; vCenter, vSAN and NSX);
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (Citrix Virtual Desktop);
- Automation through vRO and Ansible;
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure systems;
- IP networking and routing; and
- Microsoft Server 2008+, Microsoft Exchange 2010+ and WSUS 3.0+, including supporting services such as Active Directory Domain Services, DNS and DHCP are an asset.
- Ability to work to tight timelines, take on additional roles or responsibilities when needed, and accept and introduce change in a positive manner;
- Demonstrated experience working well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise in complex environments;
- Ability to work cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results;
- You are extremely diligent, and attention to detail is second nature to you;
- You are an excellent writer in English, including e-mail, full reports, test plans, implementation documentation, proposals, etc.;
- You are able to handle multiple concurrent assignments, are well organized and have strong leadership skills; and
- You are available for occasional (0-5%) travel within Canada to meet with clients and stakeholders.
Weir Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including Group RRSP with company matching, health and dental coverage, flexible hours, educational assistance, a stable and challenging work environment, and the chance to become part of a dynamic and highly skilled group. If you are ready to take your career to the next level, apply now to join our team of skilled IT professionals.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Canadian: 10 years (Required)
- Canadian Citizenship (Required)
- English (Preferred)