Under the leadership of the Fuel Manager and/or the Project Coordinator provide administrative duties and support for the Fuel Department. The Administrator will provide excellent customer service satisfaction and foster GAL's corporate image for the Ottawa area. The Project Administrator is responsible to organize the files, issue the appropriate work orders for the fuel work, assist with the scheduling and all other service coordinator duties as required. Process all work orders into invoices, process all supplier invoices into vouchers, and complete all necessary paperwork as required.This position is a maternity leave replacement of approximately one (1) year.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and use master file to keep customer information and files up to date
- Update all files with current client and contract information in Proven
- File paperwork accordingly
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing and submitting written quotations.
- Forward to Project Manager for approval.
- Forward approved quotation to the customer if required
Monitor Work Orders:
- Once PO has been received, open new work orders
- Prepare and track work orders from preparation to invoicing.
- Review all work orders returned by technicians to ensure that they are properly completed, processed promptly and accurately.
- Ensure travel time, man-hours, clean-up, and parts used are properly captured, reported and invoiced on all work orders.
- Convert completed work orders into invoices
- Email or mail invoices to customers as per their request
- Work closely with Project Manager and Accounts Receivable to resolve any issues and ensure prompt payment from the customer
- Discuss with Project Manager new projects and whether they should be set up for Job Costing
- Set up job in Proven to ensure purchase orders and time cards are tracked accordingly
- When job is invoiced, ensure it is invoiced under the associated job number
- Review with project manager and accounting department on a monthly basis to ensure job is being closed out properly
Enforce quality assurance standards by:
- Updating all files with current client and contract information.
- Handle customer's calls pertaining to service calls promptly.
Health & Safety Manuals:
- Keep all health and safety documents up to date.
- Put together health and safety manuals to be on site at all times
- Make sure health and safety information is accurate for specific site and work required
Operation & Maintenance Manuals:
- Once projects are completed, produce an Operation & Maintenance manual with all corresponding paperwork for the job
- All warranty letters, inspection letters, shop drawings are to be included
- Review released bid documents for fuel related work
- Read bid documents for necessary requirements (i.e. Mandatory job showing, bid bonds, licenses, write up reports)
- Complete all necessary paperwork and bid documents
- Complete all necessary reports or write ups on GAL Power if required for open tenders
- Process bid bond requests if required
- Ensure tender packages are complete and accurate for submittal
- Complete and submit the fuel departments payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Complete and submit all expense reports
- Keep track of packing slips for supplier invoices
- Process supplier invoices into vouchers using the according GL code
- Submit completed vouchers to AP for processing
Develop relationships with customers by:
- Communicate daily with internal and external customers.
- Listen carefully to all customer needs.
- Always follow-up and keep customers’ informed.
- Keep records on when customers were last spoken to and what was said.
- Always be polite and treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum high school diploma
- Certificate/diploma in related field considered an asset
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative position.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess excellent computer skills, as it pertains to using software and email systems., specifically Microsoft Office products.
- Be able to efficiently multi task and prioritize daily tasks.
- Have exceptional time management skills.
- Be well organized and have great attention to detail.
- Customer support skills are essential for this position.
Job Type: Contract
- administration: 2 years (Required)