Reporting to the Nursing Manager of the Queen’s Family Health Team, the Medical Office Assistant provides primary care to patients in accordance with the policies and procedures of Queen’s Family Health Team.
- Rooming of patients and intake of patient information which includes but is not limited to: greeting patients, scheduling appointments, taking patient histories, taking and recording vital signs including heights, weights, waist circumference and BMI’s, entering findings in the EMR, assisting with patient flow, and preparing patients for the appointment.
- Supporting the team which includes the following duties: working in collaboration with the nurse, preparing exam and treatment rooms with necessary trays and instruments, preparing supplies and equipment for treatments including liquid nitrogen, autoclaving instruments and trays, cleaning and preparing examination rooms, treatment/procedure rooms between patients and utility rooms as needed, communicating findings to members of the health care team as needed.
- Other duties include: calling patients and reminding/booking them for programming initiatives and screening, assisting with billing by ensuring billing codes are entered as needed, assisting with clerical functions as directed, such as filing, faxing, and data entry.
- Provides back-up to the Stocking Clerk as needed.
- Undertakes other duties as required in support of the Department.
- One year post-secondary program in a health care field or equivalent.
- One-year of experience in one of the following: outpatient clinics, physician’s office or community health center would be considered an asset.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Pharmacology course would be considered an asset.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational and self-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and oral) and ability to work within a team environment.
- Knowledge of skills required in the position.
- Sensitivity to cultural, religious, language and gender differences.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records, word processing, e-mail, and internet search methods.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a fast-paced setting
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Maintains privacy, confidentiality and security of patient information.
Job Type: Casual