As a line Cook 2 your primary responsibility is to prepare all menu items with strict adherence to specifications in a safe and sanitary manner and to oversee the kitchen functions to ensure a high caliber of internal and external customer service. In addition to a high level of service your accountabilities will be to ensure inventory levels are maintained, to evaluate kitchen procedures and processes and make suggestions for implementation and improvements, to create and cost daily specials and to ensure workspaces are kept clean and sanitized and to ensure compliance with health and safety standards. As a leader in the kitchen you will direct the line and be accountable for the success of each shift
The successful candidates will possess:
- A post-secondary education in a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years kitchen experience with one (1) year in a casino environment.
- Supervisory experience an asset.
- Interpersonal / communication / organization and time management skills.
- Safe food handling course.
- Knife handling skills.
- Knowledge of HACCP.
Ontario Gaming GTA L.P is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
Job Type: Part-time
- cook and prep: 3 years (Preferred)
- kitchen: 3 years (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Preferred)
- Ajax, ON (Preferred)