We are looking for a driven and motivated Production Supervisor for with injection moulding experience for our Port Hope location to supervise and coordinate the activities of hourly employees by assigning duties, establishing or adjusting work procedures and analyzing or resolving work problems to meet production schedules and to produce products at a level of quality which meets or exceeds the customers’ requirements within an authorized budget.
Why choose CpK?
· Vehicle purchase and lease program
· Comprehensive health care benefits plan
· Competitive, market-based salaries
· Co-contributory RRSP program
· Real opportunities for growth
· Workplace with a strong emphasis on safety
· Work for a company that gives back to the community
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Ensures proper job instruction including specific methods, major job features and environmental, health and safety practices and procedures to be taken for the protection of the employees and the environment.
- Ensures all job requirements are performed within the prescribed standards of safety and environment.
- Trains all employees in the understanding of safety measures to be adhered to in the performance of their jobs.
- Ensures hourly employees follow job instruction in accordance to our quality system and standards and with respect to maintaining a clean and orderly department and protection of the environment.
- Demonstrates support for all environmental, health and safety policies, procedures and programs, and meets legislated environmental, health and safety requirements within their work area.
- Specific duties as outlined by the Emergency Preparedness & Response Plan.
- Assumes the responsibility for ensuring the maintenance of equipment, stock and manpower within the department
- Requests services from other departments to handle problems so production schedules can be met.
- Follows up with material handling on stock problems (eg. storage, shortages)
- Working with Manufacturing Lead, Reassigns manpower to cover needs.
- Investigates and resolves employee grievances at the first stage of the grievance procedure.
- Requests the services of Human Resources for an interpretation of the Collective Agreement or for the assistance in the formulation of replies to formal grievances.
- Maintains discipline and recommends proper disciplinary action within area of responsibility in accordance with company regulations.
- Performs other management duties as required or requested by management.
- Ensure policies and procedures are in accordance with WCM methodologies with respect to quality of work, maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and protection of the environment.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge/Skill/Experience):
- University Degree in related field or equivalent knowledge and experience, supplemented by thorough experience in manufacturing operations including experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing environment with 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Injection Moulding experience mandatory
- Repetitive, just-in-time manufacturing experience highly desirable.
- Experience in a Union environment an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations, equipment usage.
- Considerable knowledge of safety procedures as well as environmental rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and leadership techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, at all levels, including employees and home office management, as well as with contractors, vendors, and other outside personnel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and staff.
The mission of the organization is to be the standard by which all interior products companies define themselves; globally admired for our people, partnerships, quality and* innovation.* Our employees are energized to deliver results for our customers. Our team always does whatever is necessary to meet our objectives. It is our mission that leads us to achieve heightened levels of performance in process, accuracy and customer service.
CpK Interior Products Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If you request an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs due to disability.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Store Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- Plastic Injection Molding: 1 year (Required)