Since 1971, CARLSON CONSTRUCTION GROUP has been constantly adapting, evolving, and growing to meet the changing needs of the market place. Integrating our many areas of expertise allows us to offer our partners and clients innovative end‐to‐end solutions that are unmatched in the market today. A proud and major contributor to large construction projects through Canada, CARLSON CONSTRUCTION GROUP has an expansive list of services and resources unrivalled in the marketplace. With over 100 years of experience, our award‐winning group, which includes BRYMARK INSTALLATIONS GROUP, CORWEST FABRICATIONS and VANCOUVER PILE DRIVING, continues to successfully build our clients’ vision with passion.
CARLSON CONSTRUCTION GROUP is wholly-owned and operated by the Carlson Family.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Create master schedules from supplied estimating data,crew size data, sequencing & planning personal for all work and events to be performed to ensure schedule is realistic and obtainable.
- Maintain and update master schedule for designated projects and identify and record the impact of work performed. This includes evaluating construction progress and providing regular schedule updates. Incorporate resource loading data into schedules as required
- Proactively identify problems or conflicts in the project schedule and assist the Project Team,. in effectively managing a resolution
- Work closely with the Project Managers to align project baseline schedules with baseline budget and cost estimate. Perform productivity analysis of construction projects as required. Analyze project performance against the critical path. Aid in formulating corrective actions with the project team where required to mitigate schedule slippage
- Assess delay impacts to support change management, claims and disputes.
- Provide the Project Manager with timely, informed, and up-to-date project schedule information including trends, forecasts as well as progress, and planning input to the weekly reporting
- Establish project specific requirements for project schedule reporting; assist in developing the process to satisfy the reporting/feedback requirements of the project management team and the client
- Integrate third party sub trade and supplier schedules into master schedule and update on a regular basis.
- Monitor and report critical path and schedule performance to Project Team
- Perform productivity analysis for controlled scopes of work
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Construction related degree/diploma and five years of multi trade general contracting construction scheduling experience.
- Advanced knowledge of computer scheduling programs including Primavera P6, MS Project, & Excel
- Experienced in litigation/claims management is an asset.
- Able to coordinate a sustainable amount of multiple schedules, solve schedule conflicts under pressure and have a strong understanding the complex construction sequence Must be able to analyze the effect of schedule performance on project completion
- Good understanding of cost/schedule integration and earned value management
- Excellent English verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Project Controls and Cost Control experience would be an asset
SKILLS / ABILITIES / ATTRIBUTES
The ideal candidate will have:
In Return For Your Outstanding Expertise, Carlson Offers:
- High personal, professional and ethical standards
- Initiative and sound judgment
- A collaborative, proactive, and results oriented approach
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Sound prioritization/time-management skills
- Ability to work under stress
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Competitive compensation package including base salary and bonus eligibility
- Professional development
- 14 statutory holidays (per calendar year)
- Comprehensive benefits program
- The ability to grow with a B.C. owned and operated company
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Carlson; only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Carlson Construction Group Inc. does not accept and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés from agencies. Agencies should not submit resumes in response to this posting to Carlson employees or any associated company location.