Canada's Allied Health Recruitment Experts
Staff, Management, Executive Recruitment
Who are we looking for?
- Job Title: Pharmacy Manager (12 month contract term)
- Job Type: Full-time hours weekly; direct-hire temporary contract role (successful candidate would be our client's employee from day one)
- Pharmacy Format: Retail
- Job Location: This pharmacy is located in Gander, NL
- Estimated Start Date: ASAP
- Compensation Estimate: MediPharmDirect estimates this role will offer a competitive rate of pay (commensurate with experience and taking market conditions into account - our client is open to discussion); pharmacy manager bonus potential; comprehensive benefits program from day one, professional licensing fees paid as per company policy, competitive vacation entitlement, strong career growth potential, and other elements. As this is our estimate, the hiring manager for the role may offer compensation that differs from our estimate, based on experience and other factors. All compensation elements for this specific role will be discussed in detail and confidence between the successful candidate and the hiring manager. MediPharmDirect is providing any compensation-related info as our estimate and info is provided for informational purposes only.
What will this person be responsible for?
- Accountable for overall pharmacy operations as the designated Pharmacist-in-Charge for this location
- Providing service beyond expectations for patients and customers of the pharmacy and OTC sections
- Overseeing the work of Assistants and supporting service excellence by leveraging teamwork
- Ensuring corporate standards are followed and making sure the pharmacy operates in compliance with company and legislative requirements
- Supporting excellence in all areas of pharmacy operation from people to inventory, health & safety, workflow, and support of the attainment of financial goals through leveraging expanded scope opportunities in a non-quota based environment
- Other duties as required
What are the qualifications for this role?
- Must possess a full Pharmacist license in any province in Canada and be in good standing, with current licensing in Newfoundland and Labrador or eligibility to have license in place within a short and clearly defined period of time
- 1 or more years' full time work experience as a Pharmacist in any Canadian province is required
- Injection certification required
- Customer service mindset, attentive, organized, demonstrated collaborative approach to working with other pharmacy team members, passion for pharmacy and patient care, takes initiative, empathetic, works efficiently and accurately
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Two supervisory references must be able to be called as part of the recruitment process - this is non-negotiable (reference contacts do not need to appear on resume but may be requested at some point in the process).
How does a candidate apply to be considered?
- Confidential resumes may be submitted via this ad.
- There are no costs for candidates (job seekers) whatsoever to use our services and all communication is confidential.
- If you know someone who may be interested in this opportunity, professional referrals are always appreciated. Please feel free to share this posting with them so they have our contact information.
- We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted immediately.
Who are we?
- MediPharmDirect recruits exclusively for full-time and part-time direct-hire employment opportunities on behalf of healthcare companies across Canada. Successful candidates are hired as employees of our clients’ companies from day one.
- We are not a relief agency. MediPharmDirect is an independently owned and operated recruitment firm - we are in no way affiliated with any other employment services company.
- There is absolutely no cost whatsoever for job seekers to use our services. We are hired by companies to help facilitate the recruitment process.
- Our involvement in the recruitment process does not affect candidate compensation in any way - there is no "mark-up" on a candidate's pay rate - ever!
- All communication is strictly confidential.
- We operate ethically , in accordance with the Association of Canadian Search, Employment and Staffing Services’ (ACSESS) Code of Ethics https://acsess.org/about/about-acsess/code-of-ethics
- We operate legally as a licensed employment firm, as per Canadian Employment Standards requirements.
- We are known for outstanding service and professionalism and sincerely appreciate your consideration of this employment opportunity!
Why apply for this opportunity via MediPharmDirect – what is the process?
When you apply for a career opportunity via MediPharmDirect Inc., we will discuss the role with you prior to presenting your information to our client, to determine whether or not the role suits your needs on various levels. If there is a good fit between our client’s requirements and your background, and your career path/company culture ‘likes,’ then we will professionally represent you to our client by way of a formal presentation of information directly to the hiring manager. We help manage the recruitment process. We will get you timely feedback concerning your application so you know where you stand. If hired, you are our client’s employee from day one. Our involvement does not affect compensation in any way.
Thank you for your interest in this career opportunity!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Pharmacist in Canada: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pharmacist (Canadian Province) (Required)
- Injection (Required)
- NL Pharmacist License (Preferred)