Contract for the 2020/2021 School Year
August 24, 2020 - July 2, 2021
To promote the equity of opportunity for all students to benefit from the Boards academic program, and to ensure educational and personal growth of students who are experiencing personal, social and/or behavioural challenges.
- Respond to requests for social work service from multiple sources, including, administration, teachers, students and parents; as well as community agency liaison.
- Provide assessments, therapeutic interventions, counseling in homes and schools, advocacy with various parties, and referrals to community agencies.
- Provide consultation services to administration and school staff to support the ability to learn for all students.
- Provide knowledge, experience and skills to administration, school staff and students in crisis situations and/or critical incidents by responding as facilitated by consultation with the Crisis Response team of the Board. Ensure follow-up services which may include individual therapeutic interventions, grief support groups, family outreach and staff support.
- Provide outreach and bridging to students and families via home visits to facilitate student achievement and success.
- Develop, recommend and implement approved policies, protocols and procedures for addressing sensitive issues. (e.g., child abuse, children exposed to violence, effects of poverty, crisis and critical incident response.)
- Ensure the effective implementation of pertinent Board policies and directives such as Physical Intervention, Discipline, Administration of Medication and/or Special Services.
- Liaise with community service providers to ensure committee membership, networking and consultation on cases.
- Prepare applications and proposals for funding grants provided by the ministry to support Board Initiatives such as various prevention projects and direct service projects. (i.e., poverty, woman abuse, child abuse and anti-bullying.)
- Develop and provide information, resources and in-service presentations for staff, Catholic school council, parent groups and community groups to raise awareness and ensure education of pertinent current subjects.
- Develop, implement and maintain programs for students who face challenges to ensure achievement and equity of opportunity for all students.
1. A Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or Masters of Social Work (MSW) is required along with registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
2. This position requires an individual with a minimum of one year demonstrated knowledge and year experience in social work.
3. The incumbent must possess current certification in Non Violent Crisis Intervention, First Aid, and CPR.
4. Must have the ability to operate audio-visual and office equipment such as computer, video-cassette recorder, projectors and photocopier.
5. The incumbent must have effective communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as the ability to work cooperatively with students, Board personnel, parents, community agencies and organizations.
6. Must have the ability to provide own transportation in order to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
PVNCCDSB is committed to achieving excellence in Catholic education. We leverage our inclusive organizational culture to further build upon our dynamic and diverse workforce, reflective of the communities we serve. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC), PVNCCDSB will work collaboratively and respectfully with you in all stages of the recruitment process and throughout your employment. For further information about what accommodation and accessibility look like at PVNCCDSB please refer toour website. If you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please contact our Human Resources Department.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the personal information provided is collected under the Education Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
Application Deadline: 2020-07-17
Expected Start Date: 2020-08-24
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $33.96 per hour
- Temporarily due to COVID-19