As a Software Quality Analyst, you will work with a dynamic team to strengthen the VimBiz solution, as well as suggesting and making improvements to the software solution.
We offer exciting opportunities in a pleasant, down-to-earth work environment at our new state-of-the-art office building in downtown Dieppe. Employees are compensated with competitive salaries and additional benefits such as parking, health benefits and RRSP matching.
We are looking for career professionals with a penchant for technology and an eagerness to ensure the overall quality control of products made by the company adhering to reliability, performance, and customer expectation.
Our dynamic Quality Assurance (QA) Team is based out of our Dieppe office. We develop innovative information management software for business and logistics workflows for the media industry in multiple languages and on multiple continents.
Our core values are:
- We enjoy: We like what we do, and we have fun doing it.
- We serve: We build relationships with leading broadcasting companies including National Broadcasters. They trust us to build a product that will make their jobs easier.
- We are result driven: We get “sh-tuff” done. We focus on speed and accuracy in responding to our customers' requests and we provide value by helping them with their challenges.
- We collaborate: We celebrate communication, idea sharing, and teamwork. We use Microsoft Teams for internal team communication and customer video calls, and we often travel to interact with our customers in person.
- We guide: We analyze software workflows and functionalities and suggest operational improvements to best tailor our clients' practices.
Vimsoft customers are National TV Networks, Specialty Networks, Mobile Production, and Media Conglomerates in ten countries and in multiple languages. They broadcast a variety of programs, such as national and local news, sports events, talk shows, music programs, movies, other entertainment, and advertisements. Our software manages much of the human resources and equipment logistics planning for these organizations. We evolve based on an iterative and incremental process. We are agile.
The Quality Analyst is responsible for working with developers and managers to execute test cases and to create and implement test plans, while ensuring that all tests are executed and that results are properly documented.
- Execute predefined test cases.
- Create new test cases based on existing business cases.
- Analyze software workflows and functionalities and suggest operational improvements.
- Work closely with Developers and Project Managers to report issues and explain test results.
- Apply testing principles and techniques to verify or recreate user workflows during development.
- Implement & improve QA standards, processes, and procedures, to increase QA efficiency & effectiveness.
- Complete special projects and other duties, as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science/IT or Business Administration, or equivalent job experience.
- Ability to learn software applications quickly.
- Possess strong analytical skills to understand complex workflows and processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with Developers and Managers, in a clear and timely fashion.
- Must have great organizational skills.
- Experience in software quality assurance, testing, and documentation.
- Good knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience creating and documenting test cases and evaluating test results.
- Understanding of business workflows and processes in the media and broadcasting industry.
- Experience working in enterprise software development and client implementation.
- Programming experience (T-SQL, VB.Net).
- Multilingual (French, Spanish, German, etc.).
If you want to enhance your career by working for a growing, locally owned company, please send your resume to:
Controller, Vimsoft Inc.