Van Belle Nursery is growing! Van Belle Nursery is a unique wholesale nursery in Abbotsford, BC with a North America wide sales reach. We are made up of three business units, yet work together to achieve great results. Consider joining our team to support each of our business units in healthy growth.
Our financials are open-book which means we share our financials with our team. Our teams are also taught financial literacy modelled after the Great Game of Business. You will work with an engaging team as you execute your responsibilities across a growing company.
- Lead the cuttings production team in day-to-day tasks.
- Lead by example and produce cuttings with your teams.
- Supervise field crews across all growing locations.
- Approve and coordinate transport processed cuttings to the sticking line.
- Monitor team outputs and provide teams with feedback on productivity.
- Participate in the Great Game of Business.
- Design scoreboards and minigames to motivate teams to meet production goals.
- Learn lean spending and budget planning.
- Receive, inspect, and care for purchased cuttings and plugs.
- Enforce sanitation procedures, quality standards, and safety protocols.
- Supervise and delegate daily and weekly sanitation duties on equipment and facilities.
- Reinforce cutting quality standards and prepare QC reports.
- Lead by example and sanitize personal cutting supplies as per standards.
- Follow safety protocols on-site and while traveling to other locations.
- Assist growers and management team as needed.
Some areas may include:
- Scout for pest and disease in coordination with the IPM team.
- Assist with procedure and reference guide updates and with budget planning.
- Assist with training and evaluating seasonal hires.
- Update Inventory records.
- College diploma, certificate an asset or related training in horticulture or agriculture
- 1+ years experience in a nursery/greenhouse, especially in a supervisory role.
- First-aid training and other industry-related training is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required - both written and spoken. Sería maravilloso si también hablaras español con fluidez.
- Strong leadership skills, communication skills, and attention to detail.
- A valid BC driver's license.
The production team responsible for preparing cuttings for the sticking line.
- Dental, vision, & extended medical.
- Potential for profit share each year.
- Competitive salary of $22 - $26 per hour.
- In-house coaching and training.
- Encourage and support active participation in professional horticultural networks like the International Plant Propagators’ Society.
- Opportunities to attend horticultural conferences, seminars, or trade shows in Canada and the US.
Is it for you?
- Do you have a passion for growing healthy plants and learning about propagation?
- Do you want to create fun games to communicate, track, and motivate your team to hit production goals?
- Do you enjoy the outdoors and can work in all weather conditions?
- Do you enjoy team-orientated environments where people of all cultures and languages can succeed?
- Are you prepared to put in extra hours as required during the busy propagation period, March-July?
- You fit our culture and can embrace our core values:
Work Location: 4262 Wright Street, Abbotsford, BC V3G 1R3
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
Expected start date: 2021-05-03
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$26.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Nursery/Greenhouse supervisory: 1 year (required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place