We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team. We offer flexible hours, health benefits, pension plan and a competitive salary. This is a permanent and full time position.
CASP Aerospace Inc specializes in the repair, overhaul, exchange and sale of aircraft safety and life support equipment, including but not limited to Fire Protection, Oxygen Cylinder Assemblies, Crew Masks, Inflation & Pneumatic Equipment, Cartridges, Flooring, as well as Securaplane Mainship and Emergency Batteries, Camera and Security Systems. Located in Pointe-Claire, QC, CASP serves the commercial, regional, general, rotorcraft and military aviation industries.
Carry out precision parts repair using both manual and automated equipment and accurate measurements. Various tasks will also be added with this role.
- Operate variety of machines and hand tools (lathe, press drills, bench grinder, files, deburring tools, rotative cutters, spanners, pliers, micrometer, caliper, etc.);
- Planning the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job;
- Taking measurements and marking material for cutting or shaping;
- Miscellaneous plant maintenance.
- Proven experience as a machinist;
- Experience in using manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders, etc.);
- Ability to read drawings, to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements;
- Manual dexterity and an eye for detail;
- Mechanical minded;
- Manual dexterity;
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Forklift training card would be an asset;
- Follow processes and procedure;
- Welding experience would be an asset.
- Operate variety of machines and hand tools (lathe, press drills, bench grinder, files, deburring tools, rotative cutters, spanners, pliers, micrometer, caliper, etc.)
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specification of output;
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job;
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping;
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position;
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues;
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects;
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages.
Job Type: Full-time