Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
What You'll Be Doing
- You’ll be processing and analyzing data related to our delivery and logistics operations, creating reports and reconciling systems.
- You’ll own the information on our delivery logistics platforms; you’ll be responsible for ensuring it is consistent, aligned, and properly managed.
- You’ll process our weekly driver payroll, a task involving advanced spreadsheet usage (particularly macros and pivot tables) as well as attention to detail and strong critical thinking skills.
- You’ll engage in communication with our drivers over email and Slack.
- You’ll own our contractor hiring process, ensuring that candidates fill out their applications completely and all necessary information gets to the right people.
- You will provide general departmental and project support for the management team where needed.
What We Are Looking For
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented and organized. They can prioritize tasks and stick to deadlines, and are not afraid to ask for help - but they’re happy to take ownership of tasks too. They’ll bring their optimistic, friendly, helpful attitude to all their interactions, and will execute their work to a high standard. They’re curious and interested in data, process, and administration, and are looking to grow their skillset.
- You are articulate. You have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Even better, you practice empathy in all spheres.
- You understand the importance of details. You don’t sweat the small stuff and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, yet you have a keen ability to recognize nuance.
- You’re a strong critical thinker, able to solve problems using deductive logic and interested in understanding the full context of your work.
- Your tech skills are on-point: you like learning new software and are competent in Microsoft and/or Google Suite.
- You have advanced spreadsheet (Google Sheets, Excel) skills and feel at home processing and combining multiple data sources.
- You like people and are comfortable communicating with a diverse range of folks from a variety of backgrounds.
- You are curious. You like to understand how - and why - things work, and are always looking to learn new things. You seek out mentorship and embrace new challenges.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates your communication, multitasking, and organizational skills.
- You’re comfortable working remotely most of the time and are confident enough to seek out guidance or instruction when you hit roadblocks with your tasks.
- You’re available to work a 40-hour per week, Sunday to Thursday schedule with occasional flexibility when needed.
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver.
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations