Compass is a non-profit agency. Our purpose is to create paths for our young people to reach their full potential.
We are seeking a Psychological Associate to provide a broad range of psychological services for children, youth (including those with developmental disabilities), and families referred to Compass.
- Completion of Psychological Assessments for a wide range of mental health disorders;
- Provision of individual therapy, family therapy, and group therapy to children and their families;
- Clinical supervision;
- Psychological consultations;
- Post graduate level degree in Psychology (M.A.) required.
- Registered as a Psychological Associate in the Province of Ontario.
- Minimum of two years’ experience providing psychological services to children and youth with a wide range of mental health problems and/or global developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge of legislation governing children and adolescents.
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, diagnosis, treatment, consultation and clinical supervision.
- Capacity to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills in both official languages (English and French) is preferred.
- Position requires the ability to work flexible hours contingent upon client needs.
- Candidates must have a valid Ontario Class G driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check required.
- This position is a front-line unionized position.
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit and pension packages. We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting job posting number 1621, clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications by email and addressed to
319 Lasalle Blvd, Unit 4
Sudbury ON P3A 1W7
This posting will remain open until filled.
Compass values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted regarding this competition, please advise human resources of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We wish to thank all applicants; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42.63 to $54.09 /hour
- providing psychological services to chilrend and youth: 2 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Required)
- registration as a Psychological Associate in Ontario (Required)