As a Health Care Aide, you will work as a member of the care team, collaborating on the delivery of resident care. The Health Care Aide, under the supervision of a Licensed Practical Nurse, applies their knowledge and skills in order to provide a wide variety of safe and thorough basic care and services to residents.
- Work to your full scope of practise and provide resident focused care
- Observe resident for any changes in status, and share any observations for incorporation into care plans
- Assist and accompany residents in moving about the community with walking as well as participate in functions
- Report any unsafe activities that may cause harm or injure a resident
- Completion of a recognized Health Care Aide certificate course and registered in the Health Care Aide Directory
- Must be fluent in English, both orally and in writing
- Exceptional attention to detail and documentation
- Strong planning, follow up, time management & organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible within demanding environment
- Demonstrates AgeCare values and an empathetic attitude and approach in working with others
If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, come join us!