Morgan Schaffer has been a leader in dielectric oil analytics and DGA instrumentation for over 50 Years.
We provide the global power industry with innovative, reliable, accurate and high performance dissolved gas analyzer (AGD) products manufactured under strict quality control.
We are a Doble Group company and part of the larger ESCO Technologies family.
Our team consists of engineers, scientists, technicians and high level assemblers.
At Morgan Schaffer, collaboration and innovation are at the heart of our values and we strongly encourage active participation and good ideas.
Position: Specialist/Project Manager Technical Support
Sharing an unforgettable customer service experience with clients by providing technical support for products and services sold by Morgan Schaffer and also technical service throughout the entire product life of our equipment.
Description of duties:
- Respond to requests for technical support from our clients concerning our range of products and services using various communication channels (e-mail, phone, video);
- Open and document our clients' technical issues in the log, follow up issues from initiation to completion by applying the applicable procedures and respecting established timelines;
- Co-ordinate required internal activities in order to resolve complaints and respond to clients' information requests within established timelines;
- Provide support to specialists travelling for trouble-shooting purposes during their trips and for open tickets of special clients;
- Participate actively in analysis, ’identification and implementation of new ideas for improvement of technical support;
- Accompany clients in deployment processes for units purchased since client took decision to purchase;
- Participate actively with the sales group in all projects requiring intervention by the technical support group;
- Manage each client account designated as a key account with regard to equipment technical issues: deployment, installation, start-up, faults, training, inspection, maintenance, repair, etc.
- Maintain smooth communication with clients and the Authorized Representative network with regard to technical issues throughout the service life of the equipment;
- Travel to clients' premises to present trouble-shooting reports, to assist clients with technical issues, for start-up, inspections, repairs, follow-up, interventions under warranty or not under warranty and product training purposes;
- Co-ordinate with the client all activities required before, during and after visit observing established work instructions;
- Prepare travel logistics adhering to defined budget (air tickets, hotel reservations, vehicles etc.)
- Prepare intervention reports on site and report clients' feed-back;
- Perform product demonstrations at clients' premises;
- Work in close collaboration with the engineering and R&D departments for problem-solving and for product improvement;
- Other associated tasks.
Prerequisites and personal attributes:
- College degree in electrical engineering with experience in electrical power and/or in telecoms or Bachelor in electrical engineering;
- Perfect bilingual: French, English (written and spoken);
- Spanish desirable;
- Must have a valide driver’s licence;
- Experience in customer support or as an instructor desirable;
- Experience in project management and with automated complaints system;
- Highly autonomous and able to travel (50% of time abroad);
- Experience with measurement equipment/instruments, communication protocols, data acquisition systems, chromatography and/or analytical chemistry would be an advantage;
- Rigorous, customer- and detail-oriented;
- Able to ask the right questions in order to ascertain issues quickly;
- Excellent sense of judgement and organization as well as problem-solving;
- Team-spirit, professionalism and excellent communication skills;
- Motivated, creative, flexible, responsible individual who is ready to take the initiative.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent