- Ensure the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment while performing tasks
- Measure and cut materials effectively
- Assist with building and stripping forms
- Support Carpenters and Subtrades in completing their tasks, when required
- Load and unload materials
- Identify and report hazards or unsafe work practices
- Clean construction work areas and fuel equipment, when required
- Work with hand and power tools
- Use compactors, vibrators and jackhammers.
- Effectively take direction and guidance
- Actively participate in morning tool-box and weekly safety meetings
- Extensive knowledge of construction materials, tools and machinery used.
- Work without close supervision
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience. LOA Provided for out of town work (meals & accommodations)
Job Type: Full-time
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Commitment to safety and following safe work practices
- Effective English verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and be able to perform manual labour
- Must be willing to travel and work out of town for extended periods of time when required
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License with clean abstract
- Minimum 1-year related construction experience
- Petroleum experience an asset
- CSTS, Fall protection and Elevated work platform are considered an asset
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent considered an asset
Option Construction Corp. is currently seeking General and Skilled Labourers to be a part of our growing Construction team. Option Construction Corp. is a General Contractor, specializing in the Downstream Oil and Gas Industry. We provide construction, redevelopment and maintenance services throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. We take pride in our work, our Clients and most of all, in our professional and talented employees.
Thank you for your interest in Option Construction Corp. only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time