We have an opportunity for you to make a difference – to educate, learn and succeed.
Drake School is a Kindergarten to Grade 8 school with approximately 53 students and 7.4 FTE dedicated teaching and support staff. The school, located in Drake, SK, boasts solid academic and extracurricular programs, a supportive community and an active student body. This leadership position includes teaching duties as well as administrative time.
Reporting to the Director of Education, the Principal of Drake School as a member of the Director's Leadership Team is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the school; ensuring that that all students are instructed, assessed and supported in a safe and welcoming learning environment. You work collaboratively with all school staff in the development of the school’s Learning Improvement Plan that is aligned with in advancing the School Division’s three pillars of Literacy, Safe & Caring and Assessment.
The principal ensures the creation and implementation of school policies, regulations, and procedures for financial and procedural administration, scheduling, extracurricular activities, emergency operations, facilities management and the supervision and evaluation of all staff. You will also serve as a role model and assist staff and community in creating a top quality educational experience for all students.
Other related duties may be assigned as required.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and promote high standards for all staff and students with regards to academic performance and personal growth, responsibility and character.
- Manage, evaluate and supervise the conduct of procedures, operations, curricula, extracurricular activity, and discipline to ensure a safe and welcoming learning environment.
- Oversee and conduct regular supervision, evaluation and performance appraisals for all staff.
- Establish and maintain an orderly learning environment that instills accountability and ensures high morale amongst staff and students.
- The Role description of the Principal can be found under Administrative Procedure 480
- Valid teaching certificate.
- Bachelor of Education, Master's Degree would be considered an asset.
- Five (5) years of teaching experience.
You are energetic, with a strong work ethic, and have an intense focus on creating a student centred learning environment. You care about top quality, instruction, assessment and intervention to meet the needs of all students. You are detail orientated; yet you can also see the big picture and how multiple elements of school life fit together. You work effectively in a school team as well as independently as the school leader. Your positive attitude is infectious and you both recognize your own strengths and have an ability to help others see and leverage theirs.
Horizon School Division accepts applications online via AppliTrack ONLY. Please apply as soon as possible, candidates who submit their application by April 21, 2019 will receive close consideration. The division reserves the option to end the competition early if a suitable pool of candidates is established.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in employment with the Horizon School Division; however, only those applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Please note that present and past employers may be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to produce a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
Job Type: Full-time
- teaching: 5 years (Preferred)