Performs printing functions including set up and operation of, digital production photocopy machines, digital colour photocopy machine, print production equipment, plate-making equipment, bindery duties, cleaning and lubricating equipment; performs duties related to maintaining master files, forms standardization, forms numbering, monitoring print supplies and materials according to established policies and procedures.
What you'll do
1. Set up and operate digital production photocopiers, digital colour photocopier, print production equipment, plate making equipment.
2. As required, adjust, clean and lubricate machine parts.
3. Perform a variety of bindery duties such as drilling, collating, punching and stapling of materials.
4. Monitor print supplies, materials and forms and refers to supervisor when supplies are low.
5. Participate in Quality Improvement processes by providing input to the print shop production planning team on matters related to production timelines and industry quality standards.
6. Maintain master files and record printing job statistics by performing duties such as updating job cost files according to pre-established pricing structure.
7. Initiate distribution of printed forms and stock in response to requisitions received from client departments.
8. Maintain production and client records by performing duties such as updating electronic files as change requests arrive from clients.
9. Maintain contact and distribution records in hard copy and electronic formats.
10. Provide minor layout and design changes following established guidelines, or advise supervisor when referral to external graphic art support is required for major layout and design changes are required.
11. Work with photocopy fleet and assist clients as required.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Grade 10 and three (3) years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You can also
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal effectively with others.
- Organize work.
- Physically perform the duties of the position.
- Operate related equipment.