SURGICAL PROGRAM - ORTHOPEADIC CLINIC/FRATCURE CLINIC
TEMPORARY PART TIME
4/ 8/ 10 hour Day shifts; (subject to change)
LAKERIDGE HEALTH OSHAWA
$24.22 to $25.32 per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Unit Clerk performs a wide variety of clerical duties including: facilitating the admission/discharge/transfer process; documenting and maintaining a variety of statistical
information for the unit; answering the telephone with accurate message taking and follow up calls; inputting into the computer and report writing; performing other duties as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Medical Office Administration Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience with community wide scheduling preferred;
- Proven knowledge of medical terminology (tested);
- Proven keyboarding skills of xx wpm (tested);
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (tested - basic level);
- Proven knowledge of Meditech Admissions, and Order Entry modules;
- Proven experience in transcription of Physician's orders and MARS;
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, problem solve and multi-task;
- Ability to work productively with many distractions and interruptions while maintaining professional and courteous customer service at all times;
- Must have satisfactory performance record;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this area; and
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and C.U.P.E Local 6364.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.