Canada Guaranty is currently seeking an Account Executive to join our National Sales Team supporting our customers in Edmonton and the surrounding areas. Working in a customer-centric environment, the ideal candidate must have effective sales, communication and problem solving skills, together with a passion for delivering superior customer service. This position involves managing a portfolio of lenders, working together with our lender partners, mortgage brokers and our internal underwriting team to build our business.
At Canada Guaranty, our performance-driven culture is built on successful teamwork. The Account Executive will be a high performing sales leader who brings knowledge of both the lending and mortgage insurance industry. If you are a proven team player with a track record of strong performance, we want to hear from you!
- Act as the face of the company.
- Assist the Director of Sales, Western Canada to write business plan to achieve the company’s objectives in assigned territory or by lender.
- Successfully execute the business plan for assigned territory/lender.
- Introduce the company and mortgage insurance products or services to Lenders and Brokers.
- Conduct educational seminars and workshops offered by the company for customers, brokers and prospective customers.
- Meet weekly, or more often if necessary, with Director of Sales, Western Canada, to discuss business development activity, planning and address training requirements.
- Stay current with changes in premium rates, underwriting guidelines, and company policy as it affects our customers.
- Stay current on our competition’s developments and advise management of the same.
- Attend industry-related conventions, luncheons, seminars and conferences, as required.
- Participate in mortgage-related trade groups, such as Mortgage Professionals Canada, and attend their functions regularly.
- Effectively analyze and understand financial statements and credit bureaus.
- Attend National Sales meetings, as required.
- Complete a variety of support duties, often of a confidential nature, as required.
- Regular travel throughout Alberta with particular focus on Edmonton and the surrounding areas.
- Proven sales and lending experience within the mortgage industry.
- Working knowledge of mortgage origination and mortgage insurance.
- Strong customer service skills including an enthusiastic attitude with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Project a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times.
- Always act in a manner that is consistent with the professional image of our company, bringing credit to the employee as well as the company.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in travel required.
- Excellent technology skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or business experience equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial industry.
NOTE: We appreciate all interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Canada Guaranty is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.
Job Type: Full-time
- financial industry: 5 years (Required)