Job title :
EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
PERMANENT FULL TIME
East Kootenay Regional Hospital is looking for a Permanent Full Time Medical Transcriptionist.....Apply today!
The duties cannot be performed remotely and the successful applicant has to be available to work at the Hospital.**
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 60 wpm or greater*A valid 5 minute typing test taken within the past 48 months from an accredited institution is required. Please note that self-administered internet tests are not accepted*
- Medical Transcriptionist Certificate. Please note stand-alone courses in medical transcription are NOT equivalent to graduation from a Medical Transcription Certificate program;
- Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs transcribes, interprets and edits dictation for multiple clinical disciplines and diagnostic departments and performs related clerical duties, such as:
Hours of work:
- Ensures content, grammar, punctuation and format are correct by clarifying inconsistencies
- Performs basic trouble-shooting for dictation/transcription/speech recognition software systems
- Assists physician inquiries regarding use of dictation equipment, status of jobs, or Stat dictation
- Performs a variety of clerical duties: booking appointments; answering telephones; maintaining files and records; assembling charts; etc
- Carries out assigned workload, maintaining turnaround times as per department standards and guidelines.
- Responds to inquiries for patient information
- Compiles, prints, and distributes statistical reports
Sunday - Thursday, 08:30 to 16:30
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Medical Transcriptionist Certificate from an approved program, plus
- One year's recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a typing test at 60 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard at 60 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.”