We are looking for a dynamic, highly organized and detail oriented Administrative Assistant to support our growing office in Peterborough.
About the company:
Construction Demathieu & Bard (CDB) Inc. is the Canadian subsidiary of Demathieu Bard, a company based in France with over 157 years of experience in the construction industry, and has been operating in Canada since 1997. CDB specializes in major infrastructure construction and rehabilitation and is known for its innovative, complex construction methodologies and adaptability when undertaking challenging projects. As the general contractor, construction manager, and/or project manager, CDB continues to successfully deliver complex and challenging projects, particularly heavy infrastructure projects such as bridges, canals, dams, tunnels, and buildings.
Our technical ability and well-recognized ‘can-do’ attitude sets us apart. Our strength as an organisation lies in the skills and drive of our employees and it is a point of pride for us to encourage and develop our talent. CDB has currently over 150 engineers and technicians in Canada, with a wide range of multi-disciplinary skills and a right balance of experienced and young professionals. As an organization we are committed to optimizing our skilled resources, emphasizing professional development, and encouraging knowledge sharing across the company.
- Receive & record invoices sent to email address set up for accounts payable's;
- Update phone and employee lists and communicate changes internally;
- Administer company credit card reconciliation monthly;
- Order office supplies on request;
- Manage travel arrangements, including making on time hotel reservations, car/ flight bookings, coordinate travel logistics and last minute changes and requests;
- Set up meeting rooms and arrange meetings, both internal and external, including reserving conference rooms, arranging for catering if required, setting up conference / video conference calls and equipment and providing printed documents on request;
- Monitor and Manage Google / Outlook calendars, including arranging internal and external meetings, responding to changing priorities; coordinating of meeting logistics and preparing supporting material;
- Assist staff throughout the bidding proposal process, including filling out forms, proof reading bid documents and other materials;
- Assist with Fleet management;
- Assist with IT equipment / cell phone requisitions and transfer of staff information on phones for new hires;
- Provide general administrative support across the organization by performing tasks including but not limited to the following: to answering the phone, greet and provide assistance to visitors, filing, scanning and mailing documents, coordinating meetings and travel logistics, booking venues, coordinating caterers for internal events;
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Ability to follow instructions and to follow-up on ongoing matters;
- Ability to juggle and prioritize diverse requests;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast, multitasking office environment;
Required education and experience:
- College diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration or other equivalent;
- Proven experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook);
- 2 years of experience working in an office environment;
Desired Qualifications and skills:
- Knowledge of French is a strong asset;
- Experience working in construction / similar environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Office Administration: 2 years (Required)
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years (Required)
- DCS / DEC (Preferred)
- Peterborough, ON (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Required)
- French (Preferred)