Leon's Furniture Limited has grown from its humble beginnings in 1909 in Welland Ontario to become one of Canada's most highly respected retailers. Leon's consistent growth of sales and profit is the envy of other retailers across Canada. Even with such growth, Leon's has not lost sight of its beginnings or the reasons for its success. Leon's continues to sell high quality brand name furniture, appliances and electronics at guaranteed lowest prices. Leon's take great pride in after sale service, and relies on the professionalism and support of thousands of associates across Canada. This team of associates is Leon's greatest asset. We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Assistant Warehouse Manager
What you will do:
- Responsible for directing and planning daily outgoing merchandise.
- Maintaining operational effectiveness and creating a safe, productive work environment while exceeding customer expectations.
Ensure maximum storage utilization, product integrity and on time delivery.
- Maximize quality and productivity by assisting the Warehouse Manager. Ensuring a safe working environment and broadening worker skills and building teamwork.
- Conduct facility housekeeping audits to ensure the facility is clean, tidy and efficiently laid out.
- Maintain integrity of inventory according to the inbound and outbound activity
- Possess at least 5 years of leadership experience within a distribution environment.
- Strong analytical skills (Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong ability to manage through delegation, engagement, and proper follow-up.
- Ability to analyze business metrics and standards of performance which meet or exceed quality and profitability objectives.
Strong effective communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, strong work ethic, manages with a sense of urgency
- Strong problem solving & decision making capabilities.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new situations, as well as new and changing processes, programs and services
- Highly developed time management skills with the ability to prioritize and delegate duties as needed.
Leon's is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Life Insurance
- Warehouse: 5 years (Preferred)