CHILDCARE AND YOUTH MANAGER (FT) - We offer an excellent benefit package, staff meal program and generous rewards and recognition programs!
The Club: Hollyburn Country Club is a premier private family Club that provides its members with an exclusive hub for activity, sport, dining, entertainment, socialization and business.
- Our Club is a home away from home for many of our members.
- We believe in living our value of Service Excellence through accountability, adaptability, empathy, enthusiasm, initiative and teamwork.
The Location: Hollyburn Country Club is located in West Vancouver at 950 Cross Creek Road. Prior to applying for this position, we strongly encourage you to Google our location to ensure that you will be able to travel to and from work as public transportation is limited.
The Position: We are looking for a full-time Childcare and Youth Manager to join our team!
The Childcare and Youth Manager is responsible for overseeing the Club’s Childcare
Department (including HollyVille) as well as the Youth Department. This role is responsible for providing exceptional care and creating new and exciting programs for our youth of all ages. This role administers policies affecting the enjoyment, safety, and security of members and guests by maintaining Club rules, Bylaws and general services.
- Minimum 5 years working with children/youth in an educational or recreation center environment
- Minimum two years of experience in a supervisory or management role
- First Aid and C.P.R training recommended but not required (we will facilitate training if not currently certified)
- Must be a responsible, customer-centric individual passionate about caring for and educating children/youth
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Own transportation is an asset due to the Club’s remote location
- You agree to get a Police Information Check with a vulnerable sector search
- Responsible for creating optimal environments for the children, school-aged youth, teens and families at Hollyburn Country Club working alongside the Athletic Director and fellow staff
- Planning, developing, facilitating and marketing of the programs & specials events for families, children and youth including afterschool programs, drop-ins, events, camps, special activities
- Prepare annual budget for Childcare and Youth departments
- Maintains current knowledge of local youth recreation trends and activities; utilize this knowledge to develop new, innovative programs
- Measuring program success on a seasonal and annual basis
- Liaising with facility bookings, food & beverage and program instructors
- The supervision of staff including: hiring, training, and evaluation
- Organize and attend Youth Committee meetings
- Direct onsite supervision and member engagement during special events hosted by the Club (Family Fun Night, Hollygras, Mother Son Ball, Santa Brunch etc.)
Full job description is available upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $54,000.00-$58,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- West Vancouver, BC V7S 2S5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- working with children/youth: 5 years (preferred)
- supervisor or management: 2 years (preferred)
- First Aid Certification/CPR (preferred)