DEPARTMENT: CAHRD Employment Services
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2021ES-EC02
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
SALARY/WAGE: $25.18 per hour
POSITION TYPE: 1 permanent, full-time position, 37.5 hours per week. 2 Indefinite term positions, full-time, 37.5 hours per week. Terms will end with a notice period. Positions are unionized.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Employment Counsellor is responsible for providing career development research and job search counselling to CAHRD clients, as well as providing information on available CAHRD education and training opportunities. The Employment Counsellor assists clients to achieve their education and employment goals by empowering them with the resource tools and information required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interview clients to obtain employment/educational background and career goals.
- Evaluate skills, education, experience, and history of each client through the client registration process.
- Assist clients to develop career paths and/or job readiness and job search strategies.
- Complete all necessary client documentation and conduct client follow-up.
- Generate accurate statistics for reporting requirements, and submit required reports.
- Create, maintain, and update paper and database client and program files.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver presentations to groups, agencies, and educational institutions.
- Attend career fairs and other community events on behalf of CAHRD upon request.
- Liaise with external organizations to promote and recruit for CAHRD programs and services.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, or Human Resource Management is required.
- An acceptable combination of education and experience may also be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated counselling skills and counselling experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced with facilitation of workshops.
- Competent in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and internet use.
- Knowledge of community-based resources.
- Knowledge of Winnipeg’s urban Indigenous population.
- Valid Manitoba driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Business acumen and labour market insight.
- Excellent organizational skills and clerical abilities.
- Typing skills of 40-50 WPM.
Please submit a resume and cover letter citing the competition number by 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, June 15th, 2021 in one of the following manners:
1. Email employerrep (at) abcentre (dot) org
2. Visit www.cahrd.org/jobs to apply online
Administrative skills testing is mandatory as part of the application process.
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates (Status, Non-status, Métis, or Inuit).
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is subject to a criminal record check completed with a vulnerable person sector search and a child abuse registry check.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $25.12 per hour