Canadian Operations Manager
Nisku, Alberta Canada
Embark on a rewarding career with Sperry Rail, the world leader for over 85 years in rail health solutions, helping railroads achieve continuous safety and performance improvements.
As the Canadian Operations Manager, you are committed to delivering world class service to our clients, a champion of exceptional people practices and passionate about making a positive difference.
Summary of Position:
The Canadian Operations Manager is responsible for the overall general management of Sperry’s Canadian business, developing and deploying personnel and equipment to drive operational efficiency and meet client railroad needs for best in class rail flaw detection.
- Oversee scheduling for Canadian operations
- Deploy Sperry assets to fulfill service delivery portion of contracts
- Responsible for operational safety, including compliance to safety rules and implementation of safety enhancement initiatives
- Coach and mentor Field Managers and staff to drive efficiency in day-to-day tasks and enable systematic application of best practices
- Ensure field audit schedules are maintained and effectively accomplished
- Responsible for establishing work objectives and monitoring/improving performance
- Work with the Maintenance department on solutions to minimize downtime, schedule preventative maintenance, and understand repair timelines
- Work with Service Integrity to ensure vehicle and operator quality
- P&L responsibility including cost control management
- Work directly with Canadian recruiting team to maintain staffing levels on vehicles
- Support and assist in organizing Canadian-based training programs, selecting personnel and monitoring performance processes for Driver and Chief Operator training
- Engage directly with clients to ensure delivering world-class service
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Ten years of operations or logistics management experience
- Railroad experience is an asset
- Knowledge of industrial equipment and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to build diverse teams with capabilities needed to achieve business objectives
- Proven ability to foster an inclusive work environment and engaged workforce
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data, and recommend and implement solutions
- Able to effectively drive results in a fast-paced environment
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions
- Proficient computer skills including, email, record keeping, Microsoft Office products
Salary to be commensurate with experience. The position offers a great and challenging opportunity to build our Canadian team and business, a competitive pay and benefits, a safe and positive work environment, opportunities for growth, a commitment to training and personal development and investment in innovation and the latest technologies.
The position requires regular onsite support of Canadian field operations, client facing meetings and occasional travel to the U.S. Corporate office.
Job Type: Full-time
- operations management: 10 years (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)