MetriCanis a family owned and operated tier 2 metal stamping facility, servicing the automotive industry since 1976. Our Burlington Plant is currently hiring a Production Manager.
The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring that machine set-ups and production are achieved efficiently, on time while meeting quality requirements and ensuring complete compliance prescribed policies and procedures. The production manager is involved in production control and supervision, and plans strategies to increase the productivity of the stamping and welding production departments. (8 Stamping shift supervisors & 5 Welding supervisors).
- Advise Plant Manager of any hot issues and keep him/her informed-on status.
- Lead daily production meetings and follow-through on production issues to meet targets.
- Attend weekly Management Meeting and report concerns, issues and requirements needed to meetcurrent production requirements.
- Monitor daily performance of team members to ensure that the target of production and quality is achieved.
- Implementing timescales for job set-ups and making improvements to ensure that manpower, tasks are implemented in most effective manner.
- Working with supervisors to implement the company's policies and procedures (Health & Safety, IATF 16949, ISO 140001 5S).
- Monthly reporting on IATF 16949 KPI’s. Identify and implement action plans to ensure established targets are met.
- Weekly production reporting of efficiencies and downtimes.
- Monitor safety/environmental, quality, cost, and productivity objectives for department.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities by continuously monitoring established work tasks.
- Ensure that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Organize a team of individuals to sort suspect product, made by production team members. Ensure it is sorted per the instructions established by the Quality department.
- Manage overtime postings to ensure adequate manpower is in place to meet the schedule established by production requirements.
- Review staffing requirements, andparticipate in the interview process for general labor recruitment.
- Work with Supervisors toensure that training plans are being completed per established timelines.
- Review the performance of subordinates and identify development/training needs.
- Ensure that all direct reports receive the necessary training including safety requirements to perform their job tasks.
- Develop department succession plan, identify organization opportunities for personnel development.
- Recommend and/or implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiencies, and motive employees.
- Supervisors/Managers are accountable for ensuring that healthy and safe work conditions are maintained at all timesin the area of their control.
- Correct unsafe acts or conditions and health and safety performance.
- Act as a member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC).
- Participate in at least one (1) Management Inspection per year.
- Must ensure workers are working in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OH&SA)
- Any other task set by the Plant Manager.
- Company Policies/Procedures (quality management, health & safety, environmental policies and company rules)
- Prior work experience managing a Department of 100+ employees within the automotive industry.
- WHMIS GHS 2015 and Health & Safety Knowledge
- Must understand basicwritten and verbal instructions to complete his/her assigned tasks.
- Computer Skills (Word, Excel, CMS) and able to present stats to senior management.
- Fully Experienced in IATF 16949
- Demonstrated ability to direct, motivate, and lead-by-example through open communication.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize departmental workloads through effective delegation and follow-up.
- Proven ability to motivate individuals and teams toachieve high standards of productivity and quality.
- College or University Degree in a Mechanical Engineering, or Licensed Tool & Die or equivalent work experience.
REPORTS TO: PlantManager
- Opportunities for working with experienced staff and being part of a great team
- Free healthcare & pension plan
- Annual bonus
- Summer BBQ.
MetriCanwill provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- robotic welding/automation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supervising 100+ employees in the automotive industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- metal stamping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Production Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering/Tool & Die or equivalent (Preferred)