Title: Health Information Services Assistant*
Reports to: Information Services Specialist
Position Type: One Year Contract till December 2019, Full-Time, with possible short-term extension
Start Date: January 2019
Annual Salary: $46,082 – $54,636
The Health Information Services Assistant is a resource and support to the Information Services Specialist and employees of KCHC. This position plays a crucial role by providing Information Services orientation and training to new staff and academic students, including training of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system Nightingale On Demand. This position maintains asset inventory and tracking lists, user accounts, configures and deploys mobile phones, responds to staff inquiries and performs other administrative tasks as assigned and supported by the Information Services Specialist. Training on the technical details of this position is provided.
*This position description is currently under review to incorporate core competencies. Final position description will be provided to the successful candidate when available.
Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Training and Transition Preparation
· Provide training for staff and students on the use of the EMR system, Nightingale On Demand.
· Participate in workflow review and assessment, system preparations, data validation, user documentation creation, and other activities related to the upcoming EMR transition from Nightingale On Demand to PS Suite (dependent on transition schedule).
Information Services Orientation and Training
· Provide training on the use of user/email accounts, network file shares, Microsoft Office Suite, IT Help Desk request system, telephone use, connecting to Wi-Fi networks etc. for staff and students on academic placement with KCHC.
Administrative Tasks Related to
· Provide support in person, over the phone and through email to staff.
· Maintain asset inventory and tracking lists.
· Maintain user accounts for computers, email and Electronic Medical Record.
· Assign staff telephone extensions, update telephone system configuration for holiday hours and administer corporate mobile phones.
· Assist with revision of Information Technology policies and procedures.
· Other duties as required to assist with Information Services activities and projects.
- Complies with all relevant legislation and KCHC policies, including privacy laws
- Supports consistent application and development of KCHC policies and procedures
- Supports KCHC’s student and volunteer placement programs
- Promotes awareness of and participation in KCHC activities
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
- On occasion, perform other temporary duties as required
Basic Education and Experience Requirements
- Relevant post-secondary education, OR a minimum of 3 years of experience in a clinical or information technology setting. E.g., experience as a medical secretary, health care administrator, Registered Practical Nurse, software trainer, health information professional or experience in another relevant area.
- Experience in a health care setting and understanding of the activities performed in a Primary Health Care team (Community Health Centre experience is an asset)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced comfort level and expertise with computer software applications
- Thorough knowledge and ability to use an Electronic Medical Record (PS Suite and/or Nightingale On Demand experience is a preferred asset)
- Experience assessing end user training needs and ability to effectively deliver training. This includes providing support to others using strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task, follow written and verbal instruction, and meet deadlines.
Organizational Competencies: Accountability, Client Focus, Collaboration, Continuous Learning
Position Competencies: Communication skills, Time Management, Knowledge/Professional Expertise, Attention to detail, Organization, Problem solving
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement (training in quality improvement an asset)
- Ability to work outside normal business hours on occasion if required (on occasion
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
- French language is an asset
- Please include a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
- Save all documents as a single PDF file using your own name (Last, First).
- Email to hr(a)kchc.ca citing reference “2018-34-KCHC” in the subject line.
- Applications must be submitted to Human Resources by December 20, 2018.
All KCHC staff have a duty to understand and follow KCHC policies, uphold high ethical and professional standards, and maintain confidentiality and privacy, using tact and good judgment in all dealings with other staff and clients.
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify Human Resources.
We are a proud Living Wage employer!
Kingston Community Health Centres, 263 Weller Ave. Kingston ON, K7K 2V4 www.KCHC.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Contract