At UNFI Canada, we have a passion for the planet and see the big picture- doing what's right for people and the earth. We embrace change to discover what's next... and that is recruiting for new talent such as yourself!
We bring healthier food options to people every day, and our team is driving these efforts to promote a healthier lifestyle best suited for you!
New Routes can take us anywhere, and that is discovering YOU to come on board to join us at UNFI Canada!
This position is the subject matter expert on all trade spending related to our customers, as well as any charges that are passed on to our vendors. The role works cross-functionally across all levels of the organization to provide timely and relevant information to business stakeholders. This position also supports and provides assistance to process improvement projects.
- Creates and maintains a database to systematically document all customer and vendor programs, and ensures that ERP master data conforms with all documented programs
- Partners cross-functionally with the Sales and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) teams to understand customer program implementation and timing
- Perform post evaluations of activities to understand effectiveness and sales forecasting accuracy
- Work with Sales teams to help identify promotional opportunities based on sales growth and contribution margin. Work on refining activities with sales that may not have passed thresholds in the initial submission
- Provides support to the annual budgeting and periodic forecasting relating to trade spend and MCBs including variance analyses and sensitivity testing
- Working with Accounting staff, maintains periodic accruals by vendor and customer
- Responsible for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting and updates to management. Assists in the development of new reports; responsible for complex reporting processes on key functional KPI's. Owns communication and analysis associated with reporting.
- Performs trend and variance analyses; incorporates data from different areas and synthesizes. Findings incorporate cross functional impacts, trends, and industry news
- Able to articulate impact of analysis, modeling, business decision support on key financial measures (e.g., gross profit, contribution margin, ROI, etc.)
- Assists with audits conducted in support of contractual requirements
- Performs post-audits on all programs to ensure that vendor and customer deductions are materially correct
- Suggests, and participates in, continuous improvement opportunities to be undertaken by Finance
- Provides backup support for functions within the department
- Interacts with other departments to address issues, requests and questions
- Performs other relevant job duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent required.
- CPA or CFA designation preferred.
- 3 - 5 years experience in budgeting, forecasting, management reporting and decision support
Other Skills/ Abilities:
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills required
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word skills required
- Demonstrated success in identifying areas for business improvement
- Experience in an industry with high deductions (CPG, Retail, Distribution) strongly preferred
- System implementation experience preferred
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Must be self-driven and very motivated
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Leads or directs the work of others across the company, without direct organizational line of authority
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills, discretion, diplomacy, and judgment
- Strong teamwork ethic
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive and flexible attitude
- Takes complete ownership of his/her work
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints, and handle many tasks simultaneously.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Criminal Background Check
- Employment Reference Check
UNFI believes in a diverse and accommodating workplace. UNFI encourages and promotes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability or otherwise. UNFI is committed to providing full accommodation for persons with disabilities in all active processes and procedures including but not limited to the recruitment process. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternative formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please contact the main recruiting contact for the position or Human Resources to discuss your specific needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- budgeting, forecasting, management reporting: 4 years (Required)