The role of Unleashed on 42 employees requires a proactive spirit who genuinely enjoys spending time with the guests in our care and maintaining a clean, safe, and enriching place for the dogs to have an enjoyable experience.
While the position is fun, there is also hard work, ensuring cleanliness and care is maintained throughout the shift. You will be on your feet and active for the entire shift and you are working outside for a large portion of the day. You have the ability to handle and resolve stressful situations. Dog Care Specialists are responsible for the efficient supervision and management of the daycare playgroups and cleaning duties as assigned by your shift. This role also requires the care of our overnight guests, cleaning, or end of day cleaning of our facility. Dog Care Specialists must have a genuine love for dogs, be able to work independently and as part of a team, and have a positive attitude.
Employees will receive dog first aid, and specialized training in caring for dogs as well as continual professional development.
Rate of Pay:
The starting pay for the following positions:
Part Time Attendant $15 - $17 per hour
Performance reviews and opportunities for salary increases based on performance.
Unleashed on 42 is a fast-growing company with opportunities for advancement as we progress into new phases of the business (Dog Groomers, Lodging Specialists, Customer Service Specialists, and Shift Managers etc.)
Who you are/ what you possess:
· Playing with and interacting with dogs of all sizes and breeds both indoors and outdoors
· Supervising 10 dogs in a playgroup and maintain a playgroup either on their own or assisted. This means keeping them calm, but playful, and clean.
· Dependable - Working with live animals you must show up for your expected shifts and show up ready to work.
· Experienced - Animal care and handling is very important, prior knowledge is ideal. The experience required is specific and beyond taking care of one's own dogs or dog sitting for friends and family, we require professional experience.
· Patient - some dogs are noisy, some stubborn, some haven’t been taught certain manners. You must be level headed and keep a calm atmosphere.
· Quick learner - Knowing dog’s names, behaviors and owners is very beneficial for you and others working with you.
· Strong work ethic - You must take pride in your work, with cleaning standards set in place we must have people who are willing to work hard and well. Taking lodging dogs for outdoor walks and playtimes and logging all appropriate information in individual charts.
· You are friendly, approachable, professional and energetic. Fast paced environment and the shifts are busy, most of this shift is spent on one’s feet monitoring the playgroups and caring for dogs in our care.
· Have a good understanding of basic dog behavior and interactions. Be able to handle guest behavior in care following Unleashed on 42 policies, expectations and guidelines.
· Be an effective communicator both orally and written. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
· Be a team player, the ability to take direction and constructive feedback to make your job easier and the dog’s experience better
· Must love learning and coachable
· Be physically fit - this job requires being able to lift up to 50 pounds, stay on your feet all day, and be able to bend over or squat for various cleaning task
· Previous dog care work experience or dog behavior courses are considered an asset.
Shifts range from 6:30am to 9pm so a flexible schedule is a must. Weekends and holidays are required as we have dogs in our care 365 days a year.
Part time employees, available to work at least 2-3 full 8 - 10 hour weekdays days / evenings, most (but not all) Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
*Please note this is not an Evenings and Weekends position*
Expected start date: June 1st/2021 with Training to be provided.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place