As an Assistant Store Manager, you will be responsible for supervising a staff of employees to maintain optimal operations and customer service consistent with company standards. Assistant Store Manager responsibilities include performing all supervisory responsibilities, including employee scheduling and training. You will coordinate daily store operations with the Store Manager and handle merchandising responsibilities. As an Assistant Store Manager, effective communication skills are essential, as you’ll be working closely with your Store Manager to resolve issues and improve store performance. It is also very important to be a detail-oriented individual who is capable of managing multiple tasks at once.
- Assume responsibility for the effective management of the day-to-day running of the store.
- Determine, communicate and implement policies, rules and regulations to ensure safety and security of employees and customers.
- Represent the company in all interactions with employees, customers and other third parties.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular contact with other managers to share ideas and coordinate activities.
- Perform annual performance reviews of subordinates.
- Oversee hiring, training and firing of employees.
- Fulfill administrative roles, including payroll duties and planning inventory control.
- Ensure smooth running of operations by managing stock levels, signing contracts with suppliers and coordinating with the central warehouse.
- Promote sales by incentivizing staff to achieve targets (e.g. bonuses).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00-$33.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement