This job is with Foster's Supermarket in George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
The position is responsible for providing effective planning, organizing, leading, coordinating, and optimizing the materials and human resources for a warehouse shopping format store operation. The position must manage daily operations, department and assistant store manager development, and customer and associate satisfaction for total store. The position must ensure variety and high-quality products appealingly displayed to maximize the sales and profits of the total store while maintaining great customer service.
- Responsible for gross profit, sales budgets, payroll and managing total store expenses and achieving financial objectives.
- Responsible for planning and managing the budget in relation to profit and loss.
- Set and monitor store goals, including maximizing profitability and meeting sales targets.
- Responsible for training & development of assistant store managers in total store operations and leadership.
- Lead and support the training and development of managers, supervisors, and associates.
- Motivate and guide team to maximize profitability, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to properly utilize shelf space and merchandise to maximize sales and profits.
- Liaise with Purchasing Department on merchandising, pricing, and stock control to increase sales and productivity.
- Communicate and implement creative and innovative planograms.
- Responsible for accurate recordkeeping and timely submission of reports as required.
- Responsible for reviewing quarterly inventory results performed by external auditing.
- Responsible for overseeing the conduct of recruitment selection, training, performance appraisal, and employee development according to company policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain strict compliance with company health and safety programs including sanitation, risk management and asset management programs.
- Assist with development, implementation and updating Department policy and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and decision-making skills in-line with company expectations and standards.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and speak English.
- Ability to perform intermediate Math and follow company CTO’s.
- Computer competency required.
- Comprehension of intermediate business knowledge required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store or department dictates.
- Ability to display initiative, follow instructions and work with limited supervision.
- Organized time management skills.
- Strong management/leadership skills.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- Willingness to learn P&L reports and/CTO.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to endure hot/cold temperatures.
- Industry knowledge of merchandising and perishable products and processes for bulk and warehouse shopping format store operations.
- Successful 10-15 years managerial experience in warehouse or club format store operations or related field.
Starting salary range is US$85,365 - US$103,658 based on experience plus car allowance and benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,365.00-$103,658.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
The Cayman Islands Government has classified the Cayman Islands as Level 2 (minimal suppression). Foster's Supermarkets continue to follow strict sanitation guidelines to ensure the safety of our customers and team.
- Are you willing to relocate to the Cayman Islands, at your own expense, should you be chosen as the successful candidate for this role?
- warehouse or club format store operations: 10 years (required)