Solstice provides customized environmental management services to help our clients understand, manage and reduce their environmental impact while supporting industry and communities to develop and operate in an environmentally sustainable way.
Our biophysical and regulatory team is seeking an Intermediate Wetland Ecologist to manage and support our environmental assessment and monitoring projects, in the urban development, oil and gas, and natural resource management sectors. Duties will include proposal preparation and project management, mentorship of junior staff in field assessment, regulatory approvals advice and environmental assessment processes, and client relationship development
The ideal candidate will have:
- BSc. or M.Sc. in the biological or environmental sciences disciplines, and registration as a Professional Biologist and Qualified Wetland Science Practitioner (QWSP) under the Alberta Wetland Policy. Individuals working towards achieving signing authority as a QWSP will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the environmental consulting industry, with direct experience in designing and implementing environmental impact assessments and monitoring programs, and familiarity with federal and provincial environmental legislation applicable to key industry sectors in Alberta.
- Vegetation inventory skills, water quality analysis, construction monitoring and experience with statistical analysis and sampling design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required to manage multi-disciplinary project teams. As well as to discuss, explain, and negotiate complex technical matters with clients.
- Project management and organizational skills to establish priorities, estimate timeframes, meet deadlines, assess problems, suggest and implement solutions, make independent decisions, and ensure standards are maintained.
You will be joining a company of innovators, delivering services and products with a strong focus on efficiency, quality and safety. The Solstice team includes experts in soils, forestry, wildlife, wetland and vegetation ecology, GIS analysis, conservation and reclamation planning and environmental policy. Our interdisciplinary approach brings together diverse perspectives influencing environmental management to create practical, real-world solutions.
Solstice offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, medical/dental plan, health spending account, professional development opportunities, extra time banking, onsite fitness room and daycare, rooftop patio and a fun, dog-friendly work environment.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Job Type: Full-time
- professional: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)