Launch Your Future ~ with Aramark at the University of Alberta!
Become a Front Line Supervisor / Food Service Supervisor in Lister Dining Hall at the University of Alberta campus!
Terms of Employment:
Responsible for many of the non-selling aspects of the retail operation that includes the following: inventory management, receiving, ticketing and distribution. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the management of labor and mentoring of front line employees to improve sales
- Work with HR department and management to hire staff, ensure proper staffing for events, staying within payroll budget.
- Ensure development and training of customer service programs and product knowledge.
- Training on point-of-sale registers
- Supervise daily food services operations
- Ensure proper procedures for opening and closing all sites, including accountability of cash and credit cards, and security requirements.
- Address and resolve any customer issues.
- Verify accountability report of financial transactions, to include sales and transfers of merchandise to and from the stores.
- Periodically check and verify the proper ticketing of merchandise and food items.
- Supervise periodic physical inventories as well as potential count discrepancies.
- Monitor internal and external theft.
- Maintain general standards for display, merchandising, and cleanliness.
- Ensure presentation of merchandise is shown in a coordinated and exciting manner which projects desired concepts, story, or idea.
- Provide technical assistance for minor hardware problems with point-of-sale devices.
- Maintain daily replenishment for event and non-event days.
- Monitor best and worst selling items.
- Communicate suggested stock levels.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Food Service Manager
- Basic knowledge of product ordering & inventory management
- Self directed with strong customer service and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety standards, proper food safety and sanitation, employment standards, etc.
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Some previous scheduling experience
- Basic computer knowledge (ms word, excel,)
- Experience in leading/supervising a team of people
- Experience with cash handling
- Food service back ground would be an asset in ability to assist staff during busy/peak times
To Apply Please:
- Email or Fax - 780-492-4369
**Full-time employees receive excellent benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance.**
**Opportunities for Advancement**
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time