To promote and facilitate community-based services that enrich, strengthen and enhance the quality of life for our military families.
Where every military family feels welcome and supported.
GENERAL POSITION OVERVIEW
The Family Liaison Officer will require a thorough understanding of the unique and demanding lifestyle experienced by the military family. The Family Liaison Officer will provide short term counselling, urgent supports, groups and programs to families of Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) personnel coping with illness and/or injury. The Family Liaison Officer will also provide casualty support to families of the deceased.
HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position at thirty-seven (37.5) hours per week and the hours of work are structured based on the needs of the program and may include evening and weekend work as required.
START DATE: To be discussed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- A Master’s degree in Social Work or Master’s degree in Counselling from a recognized university.
- Will be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) and/or the College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario (CRPO).
- A minimum of two years’ experience providing clinical services.
- Experience facilitating psycho-educational groups.
- Clinical experience providing group, couple, and individual counselling sessions.
- Excellent knowledge written and spoken English; preference given to those who can provide counselling in French.
- Exceptional understanding of the unique military lifestyle issues that faced CAF families.
- An understanding of MFRC programs and services to appropriately provide referrals to services and supports.
- The ability to effectively manage change and work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Reference ID: 3899-2
Application deadline: 2020-07-06
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
Our organization is following the guidelines of Health Canada and the Province of Ontario.
- experience providing clinical services: 2 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19