We believe that outstanding care starts with outstanding people.
At Runnymede Healthcare Centre, we actively cultivate work-life balance and invest in the resources our staff needs to do their best work.
Our award-winning, fully accredited hospital takes an inter-professional team approach to care. We provide comprehensive clinical services to patients who require expert treatment, extended rehabilitation and daily care beyond what can be provided at home or in the community. At Runnymede we have a single, clear purpose: improve the quality of life of every patient, every day.
If you want to join a centre of excellence with a multidisciplinary team who supports the delivery of patient-centered care, we want to hear from you today.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – TEMPORARY PART-TIME: The Occupational Therapist assesses patients, interprets findings, implements and evaluates the impact or effectiveness of intervention strategies and educates patients and/or their caregivers.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2020 @ 16h00
- Assess physical, psychological, perceptual, cognitive and functional status of assigned patients
- Formulates and implements individual treatment plans based on analysis of assessment findings and clinical reasoning
- Assigns aspects of the treatment plan to the OT Assistants as appropriate
- Monitors change in the patient’s functional status and adjust treatment programs accordingly
- Educates patients, appropriate family members, students and other health care providers with regard to Occupational Therapy and the management of patient’s health problems
- Orients and supervises Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant students
- Collaborates with members of the inter-professional team through documentation and/or direct consultation to provide a coordinated program of patient care.
- Attend and contribute to patient care conferences and meetings.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications/experience:
- Post secondary degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program as recognized by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- FIM certification and experience with NRS an asset
- Clinical experience in Rehabilitation/Complex Continuing Care Hospital or Acute Care Hospital preferred including discharge planning
- Demonstrated expertise with geriatric, neurological and MSK conditions preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work co-operatively within an inter-professional team
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage workload
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $39.40 to $42.88 /hour
- Clinical Rehab/Complex Continuing Care Hospital experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (Preferred)