Are you seeking a stable, consistent career with a competitive wage and great benefits?
JBS Canada is not just another food company where our team members clock in and clock out, following the same routine day after day after day. We are a food company that is deeply passionate about ensuring the wellness and connectivity of our team members. We know that every company says it, but we honestly mean it, we live and breathe it, we go to sleep thinking about how we can make our team members' lives meaningful and full. We do this while producing the best quality beef that Canada has to offer to customers all over the globe.
We are relentless in pursuing our mission - to be the best in all that we do. We are completely focused on our business, providing the best products and services to our customers, building a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders, and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
In this unrelenting pursuit, we are seeking a General Maintenance Technician with specific experience in carpentry to join our team in BROOKS, AB. As part of our high-functioning maintenance team, you will utilize your skills and experience to be ensure the smooth and uninterrupted operation of our facility.
Join our team of 2,800 people and enjoy awesome discounts within the community, employer RRSP matching, extended health care and more!
NOTE: THIS ROLE WILL BE LOCATED IN BROOKS, AB
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Install, repair and maintain all doors in the facility - interior, exterior, overhead, roller, man doors, etc.
- Construct and repair building structures and frameworks
- Build, maintain, troubleshoot and provide maintenance to production machinery
- Support production supervisors, team leads and operators to reach daily targets
- Keep accurate maintenance records/documentation
- Follow all safety procedures in accordance to company policies
- Work as part of a team to ensure all targets are met
- Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment preferred
- Experience working as a carpenter, with specific experience repairing and installing doors required
- Diploma or certificate in the construction trade. Equivalent experience will be considered
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex equipment
- Use of hand tools, power tools and machine shop equipment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee may be exposed to wet, dry, hot, cold or humid, high noise environments
Work Site Environment: Noisy, Odours, Hot, Cold/refrigerated.
Earn Competitive Wage
Please note that Applicants may be subject to drug and alcohol testing. If an Applicant is requested to take a drug and alcohol test, any offer of employment to the Applicant will be conditional upon passing the drug and alcohol test.
Exceptional Benefits including:
Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Voluntary Employee RRSP Contributions | Employer RRSP Contributions| Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
JBS Food Canada ULC
PO Box 1868 Brooks AB T1R 1C6
193002A Range Road 150, Brooks, Alberta, T1R1C6
Job Type: Full-time
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)